Radiator Shrouds

So heres my question guys. this may be a random topic but i have a 2011 KX450f, love it but love the style of the 2012 and newer radiator shrouds.

Anyone know if the 2012 shroud plastics will fit the 2011? i love my bike and dont really wanna upgrade newer just yet.

They seem to have the same general bolt holes and look like they would match up, but dont want to buy the plastics and waste the money if it wont fit.

what you guys think?

yes it will. i believe so. I know fenders from 12 work on my 08. my buddy claims to have the 12 shrouds on his older bike with no adjustments.

Edited by Dannyr3

yes it will. i believe so. I know fenders from 12 work on my 08. my buddy claims to have the 12 shrouds on his older bike with no adjustments.

Alright sweet. i love the cut away design of the 12 + models on the shrouds. ill probably order them soon and give it a shot, if all else fails im sure i can resale them on ebay for a few dollars. Thanks

Let us know, shrouds are different than fenders so it may take a little adjustment.

2009.jpg

2012.jpg

Edited by jermag24

Let us know, shrouds are different than fenders so it may take a little adjustment.

ill let everyone know once i do it, im going to order them this coming weekend after i get paid. the shrouds appear to have the mounting holes in the same positions, but i guess we will see. wish me luck.

well now that i can, ill follow up on this,

For whatever reason, the 12 and new shrouds dont quite line up. you can make it fit, but it bows the shroud a little. so it will take a little adjustment to fit in on it. but no big issue. so you can make them work if you wish to do so. with adjustment it will likely fit with no issue. i havent had time to get out and do it, but once i do ill get it on here.

ill post pictures once i get a new camera, i dropped my other one in my coolant drain bin while taking pictures after getting new plastic and graphics for christmas  :banghead:

I'd like to do that to mine too if it works.

I just posted a new topic on the complete body swap. The shrouds fit best mated to the airbox on the newer model and some modifications must be done to the seat.