Sign in to follow this  

California Can anyone recommend an inexpensive powdercoater for a frame?

I have a steel dirt bike frame I'd like to get powdercoated gloss black or satin black after some welding work next week.  Who's cheapest that doesn't suck?  I drive back and forth from Santa Barbara County to Orange County with some frequency, so anywhere is fine.

I had applied do my Harley frame and swing arm A951FF1D-F472-428A-84E8-06544CB59A88-156

Or Manny at anacapa blasting is good

Both are in Oxnard

F'all those others, Entenmann's is the place you want to go.  Have you seen the coating they get on those cinnamon powdered doughnuts????? I mean its a sturdy coating thats for sure, but it still melts in your mouth.

Applied is like $250.  I used to be able to get it done for around $100 at an old place up in SB but they don't seem to be there anymore.

How much does Bell run?  Can't find any info on them except an address in Ventura (which is convenient for me actually).

How about Embee?

Applied is like $250.  I used to be able to get it done for around $100 at an old place up in SB but they don't seem to be there anymore.

How much does Bell run?  Can't find any info on them except an address in Ventura (which is convenient for me actually).

How about Embee?

My experience is that "Cheap" and "Powder Coating" typically don't go together in the same Sentence.  Especially is you loop in their dear friend "Quality"!

Applied is like $250. I used to be able to get it done for around $100 at an old place up in SB but they don't seem to be there anymore.

How much does Bell run? Can't find any info on them except an address in Ventura (which is convenient for me actually).

How about Embee?

$250 really? They did all my Harley parts including cases, cylinders, heads, tranny shit damn near the hole bike for $800BF2F7FF9-14D9-46B9-B537-0E66E26FE70E-156

My buddy worked at bell for a bit and said vehicle rims were $50 a piece. Not sure if that was a hook up or not. That's all I got....good luck

How about Embee?

Pick up the phone biotch...  you want us to give you names...  prices and drive IT down there for you too !  DAAAAAAMN WILSON !  :p  :lol:

1)  Bell doesn't even have a phone number listed

2)  Embee doesn't pick up their damn phone

3)  You offering??

• Like 1

Can't find it?

Gotta be at work to get it?

You guys are pathetic......google biothes

805-658-2233

• Like 1

Have not used this company yet but Newport Mesa Powder Coating in Newport quoted me $130 got their info from someone on the D37 board, forgot who (949) 631-6363. Once I get unlazy (not likely) I am going to try em out and post results. BTW they picked up the phone both times I called.

• Like 1

I finally got through to them.  For some reason it wouldn't come up with certain Google search terms.  $45 to sandblast, $125 to PC.  Reasonable and close.

• Like 1