07 YZ250 value

Thinking about looking at an 07 YZ250 tonight after work. It looks pretty clean in the pictures so we will see how it is in person. I need another bike like I need a hole in the head, but if I can get a good deal on it then why not. I was thinking anything below $2k would be a good deal. What do you guys think is a good price?

Early this spring I paid $2500 for my 07. It came with a FWW, PC pipes and a GYT-R basket that the guy didn't know about. It was a little beat up but it was the wrong time of the year to buy a bike. Now is the time to buy, so if it's clean, $2000 is a good deal. They're pretty hard to come by anymore.

In good condition,that bike could easily go for around 2500-3000 in my neck of the woods.

Well I ended up snagging it for $1800. It seems pretty solid, everything is tight, starts right up and runs good. I pulled the oil fill plug and looked at the clutch basket, that didn't have any notching or anything. One of the bar mounts is bent and it could use some brake pads, but other than that it is in pretty good shape. He threw in a stand and an extra set of pro tapers. I'll post up some pics in a little bit.

Geez even around here a decent 05 is still in the high 2k area...

Here she is!

002_zps2534b338.jpg

001_zpsd65bd4a9.jpg

Looking it over more this morning and it really seems like a solid bike. I think with a little work she will be a great!

Here she is!

002_zps2534b338.jpg

001_zpsd65bd4a9.jpg

Looking it over more this morning and it really seems like a solid bike. I think with a little work she will be a great!

I think you stole it. Awesome bike. Looks great!

X2, I paid $2500 for my 07 a couple months ago.

image_zps51389a19.jpg

I think you stole it too!!! Nice Bike!!!

I agree I think you got a good deal - especially if it doesn't explode during your next ride.  In Mn., that bike would have gone for around $2500, depending on how it's equipped, like pipe, bars, decent plastic, etc.

Very good find! Do a top end regardless of when he said it was last done. El Cajon Yamaha sells the complete top end kit for $110. Get a good look at the internals and then you will know for sure. Enjoy, other bikes come and go but my 2006 YZ250 is a keeper. They are great bikes. 

Edited by Texasxcrider

Update: I have ridden it a few times and this bike rips! It's been a while since I've ridden a 250 two stroke, it's always fun to switch things up a bit. Here's how it stands as of today:

003_zpscf7f8d2a.jpg

004_zps9b1c3eed.jpg

Much better!!!

Awesome deal!!!

I had purchased my bike for $3,100.00 09' beginning of this summer..... Love the bike, she's a tractor! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383400812.476230.jpg before ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383400853.050729.jpg after :-)! Farmington, NM

004_zps9b1c3eed.jpg

Good thing you got rid of that '05 front fender. Much better. :thumbsup:

002_zps2534b338.jpg