stripped bolt help

i have a stripped allen hex head bolt that is stripped its in a tight area so i cant get pliers in there what should i do 

You can use a TORX bit.

Find one that is a tight fit and beat it into the allen head.

Edited by Home Skillet

You can use a TORX bit.

Find one that is a tight fit and beat it into the allen heah.

i tried that but didnt have the right size so i guess i should get the right size 

Can you get to it good enough to weld a nut to it?

I was letting my brothers son (15 yo) shoot my bow a little bit yesterday. ( it was sighted in to were I was hitting a quarter with 4arrows at 40yards, )(for archery hunting) and it was sighted in for him so he thought he'd adjust it.. He stripped my sight bolt out and it's an alen head . There's not a think I could do so Ill be on my way to the local archery shop here in a few mins for a new sight..

Can you get to it good enough to weld a nut to it?

yeah but i dont have a welder at my house 

Hammering a torx bit works good it will also shock the bolt which will help you loosen it. Depending on where or what that bolt holds down you can drill just the head off remove the part then grab the stub with pliers it may even unthread by hand

Hammering a torx bit works good it will also shock the bolt which will help you loosen it. Depending on where or what that bolt holds down you can drill just the head off remove the part then grab the stub with pliers it may even unthread by hand

ill try that if not i have a tool that drills into the head and then unscrews it 

Be very careful with any type of power extracter the last thing you want is a broken tool stuck in a frozen bolt .if you use the same size drill as bolt diameter the rounded allen socket will center the drill and the head will pop off with out affecting any thing else then romove the part that bolt held down and it will be easy to deal with

I use a dremel with a cutting wheel and create a slot for a flathead. Do it at an angle so you can hammer into the screwdriver. Hasn't failed me yet.

i got the bolt out finally after 3 days 

i got the bolt out finally after 3 days 

Which method did you use?

Which method did you use?

well tried to jb weld a bolt into it, didnt work. vise grips, didnt work. torx bit didnt work. so i used a punched chisel and loosened the screw and than used my fingers and got it out. why didnt i just try that first lol 

Last time this happened to me, I pounded a socket onto the head, grabbed a rachet and out she came.