Sign in to follow this  

Too big

I have both an xr4 and xr6, my conclusion is that you can't find one dirt bike that does it all.  The xr6 is an adventure, back-road cruiser but what it is not is a tail bike for the boulder patches.  I'm not small and I'm not weak but there's times where the size of that baby becomes downright hostile.

I have both an xr4 and xr6, my conclusion is that you can't find one dirt bike that does it all.  The xr6 is an adventure, back-road cruiser but what it is not is a tail bike for the boulder patches.  I'm not small and I'm not weak but there's times where the size of that baby becomes downright hostile.

Yep.  I'm 230lbs and work out 4 times a week and the big bores still kick my arse offroad.  LOVE me some 400!  

yup, I have same problem in rock gardens & wish I had a ktm 300 2 smoke, but everywhere else my 600 is fine. So for the bang & low maint, I just keep pluggin!

That's Scott Sommers (sp) and he's a freak.

And I still bet it's dry of fluids.    ;)      

Edited by MindBlower

I rode 600s for a long time. They got heavier or I got weaker, not sure which. :rolleyes:

Edited by creeky

I disagree. You just got to learn to "bomb" the rocks. The 600 doesn't like to crawl as much as it likes to "plow" over heavy shit.

Like traction in slick mud, the weight is actually an advantage here* and it doesn't throw you around like a ragdoll. See: Scott Summers.

*if you know how to utilize it

Edited by bamfslap

I rode 600s for a long time. They got heavier or I got weaker, not sure which. :rolleyes:

Hmm, that's what I was wondering also???? :smirk:

I am with Creeky! My pig kicks my arse! After about an hour or two of tight trail work, I am WASTED! I used to be able to muscle a big thumper around when I was 20. What happened?! :devil:

I am with Creeky! My pig kicks my arse! After about an hour or two of tight trail work, I am WASTED! I used to be able to muscle a big thumper around when I was 20. What happened?! :devil:

AGE! It now take me all night to do what I used to do all night long! LOL

AGE! It now take me all night to do what I used to do all night long! LOL

Most nights, I just roll over and start snoring :lol: