Transmission install and removal tips !

Ok folks I just need some tips for this process from all the "Guru's" that have done this

:rolleyes:

thanks in advance  to everyone

Edited by bigvaportrail

Sorry

Topic is INSTALL not intall

Ok folks I just need some tips for this process from all the "Guru's" that have done this

:rolleyes:

thanks in advance  to everyone

if you havent yet taken her appart, try and keep everything in the right case when splitting the motor (split the motor with the motor layed down on its right side and tap the left case until it comes out and your transmission will be completely intact. This really helps in keeping track of your dissassembly.

For re-install, again, lay the right case over so that you are installing the transmission from above. start by installing the drive shaft first, then inserting the end washer over the bearing in the right case for the driven shaft. assemble 1st and 5th driven with their associated washers onto the driven shaft before installing it since these cannot be installed after the driven shaft is installed. insert the driven shaft with the 1st and 5th driven assembled. from here on assemble the gears in sets (drive and driven) and always refer to microfiches to get the correct order of parts. once both shafts are fully assembled you can install the forks (without their guide shafts) into the appropriate gears and align them on the gear drum. after the forks are installed you can then install the guide shafts and thats pretty much it. assemble the rest of the bottom end like the crank shaft and put the cases together, just make sure everything lines up especially the oil pump shaft (this usually will cause the cases to stop coming together in the last 5-10mm due to missalignment). they assemble together with no problems using a crisscross pattern and hand tightening the case bolts together

And once again thank you Funki for the info

I appreciate it sir

There is a lot of stuff going on when the cases are apart and I need some help for sure

Edited by bigvaportrail

And once again thank you Funki for the info

I appreciate it sir

There is a lot of stuff going on when the cases are apart and I need some help for sure

if your uncertain, ask questions and we can try and help you as much as possible

if your uncertain, ask questions and we can try and help you as much as possible

I will for sure

thanks again