Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys I was wondering if this bike was right for me?

Hello I am new and just joining the ranks. I was wondering if a 04 cr85 would be right for me? I am 13 and 98lbs and 5'5 thanks

Welcome to TT :thumbsup: . Give us some more information. What type of riding do you do, your amount of experience, etc.

Thanks for replying man. I am a moderate but not very experienced in MX. I mostly would do trail riding. 

Why did you start a second thread on the exact same subject as your last one that had 200+ responses?...

• Like 1

nholden I do not know who you are talking about. We may both be getting a bike and coincidence that we are almost the same size? Does it matter that 2 people are interested in the same style of bike or is it illegal to own the same bike? I am not the "other guy" who you are talking about?

And thanks Euro Enduro for the feedback

nholden I do not know who you are talking about. We may both be getting a bike and coincidence that we are almost the same size? Does it matter that 2 people are interested in the same style of bike or is it illegal to own the same bike? I am not the "other guy" who you are talking about?

And thanks Euro Enduro for the feedback

Okay then, post us the craigslist link......

Ya. Hes from Maine like I am.

On another note, if its not the same kid, go read the other thread asking the same question. You'll get plenty of answers there.....

Just in case there are two kids from Maine who are both looking at a 04 cr85, weigh 98lbs and are 5'5"... Haha

Just in case there are two kids from Maine who are both looking at a 04 cr85, weigh 98lbs and are 5'5"... Haha

when I first read this I thought to myself "didn't he receive enough responses before" but didn't comment because I wasn't certain if it was the same kid or not. But what a coincidence that there 2 Kids from Maine looking at the same bike, and there have the same body's! I bet both bikes need rear wheel bearings too!

when I first read this I thought to myself "didn't he receive enough responses before" but didn't comment because I wasn't certain if it was the same kid or not. But what a coincidence that there 2 Kids from Maine looking at the same bike, and there have the same body's! I bet both bikes need rear wheel bearings too!

I bet both a piles of shit as well..... there are SO MANY 85's for a grand here in Maine that are really nice.

2006 YZ 85 for $1000

Saw a 2008 RM 85 for $1300 at a NESC race a few weeks ago. New top/bottom end w/ recipts.

This kid needs to save his money a little longer and get a bike that will last.

I bet both a piles of shit as well..... there are SO MANY 85's for a grand here in Maine that are really nice.

2006 YZ 85 for $1000

Saw a 2008 RM 85 for $1300 at a NESC race a few weeks ago. New top/bottom end w/ recipts.

This kid needs to save his money a little longer and get a bike that will last.

I agree. Even better he says he's riding trails do why not get a TRAIL oriented bike? Xr100, crf100, crf150f , ttr125, drz125, klx125. Etc etc

I agree. Even better he says he's riding trails do why not get a TRAIL oriented bike? Xr100, crf100, crf150f , ttr125, drz125, klx125. Etc etc

I must have missed the part about trail riding. I can personally say that a beginner rider + an 85 + trail riding isnt a good idea. Been there, done that. A trail bike would be the way to go.