Top motor mount

I have heard and read on this site that when you change the 36mm carb and go to a 39 fcr mx carb on the drz 400 motor that you should stack the top motor mount to the left side of the motor to give the throttle wheel more clearance from the frame. Has anyone out there experienced any problems or noises from moving the right side to the left. I would think that moving the right support to the left side would weaken the support on acceleration or deceleration, am i on the right track or  just over thinking this. My motor is not stock.

I have heard and read on this site that when you change the 36mm carb and go to a 39 fcr mx carb on the drz 400 motor that you should stack the top motor mount to the left side of the motor to give the throttle wheel more clearance from the frame. Has anyone out there experienced any problems or noises from moving the right side to the left. I would think that moving the right support to the left side would weaken the support on acceleration or deceleration, am i on the right track or  just over thinking this. My motor is not stock.

i did it. no problems. i dont see how it would weaken it. its still using the same amount of metal and the same bolt just in a different order...

Edited by jawknee21

No issues

Has anyone out there experienced any problems or noises from moving the right side to the left. 

It's not an issue, never has been.  The suggestion is a suggestion because it has been fond to be effective and work. 

I have heard and read on this site that when you change the 36mm carb and go to a 39 fcr mx carb on the drz 400 motor that you should stack the top motor mount to the left side of the motor to give the throttle wheel more clearance from the frame.

you stack them on the left so your throttle cables have more of a straight shot to the throttle wheel.the throttle wheel comes awfully close to the frame at the back of the carb and you can't change that

I've had my 39 FCR-MX  on for 7 1/2 years with the head stays mounted on the left side with no issues whatsoever.

If you can move those head stays with a 34hp motor I want a set of the tyres your using.....  :)

I didn't have to move my engine mounts. My cables have no kink or bend to them. I pulled the FCR as far forward as possible (without backing out of the rear boot), put a huge flat head between the throttle wheel and the frame, and then tightened all the c-clamps. It hasn't budged and I've kept the throttle wheel at 1/4 clearance off the frame.

I forget the reason but not all FCR's need the engine mount relocated to the left side.

I didn't have to move my engine mounts. My cables have no kink or bend to them. I pulled the FCR as far forward as possible (without backing out of the rear boot), put a huge flat head between the throttle wheel and the frame, and then tightened all the c-clamps. It hasn't budged and I've kept the throttle wheel at 1/4 clearance off the frame.

I forget the reason but not all FCR's need the engine mount relocated to the left side.

the fcrmx carb that comes in the TT fcr kit needs the engine mounts moved. If you use an fcr from a stock e model you don't have to move the mounts.

I didnt have to move my motor mounts with my fcr install. Everything cleared and all is well.

I installed an fcr mx 39 but used the stock air boot. Cables cleard the mount enough for me to debate moving the mount over, which i did not end up doing. Your mileage may vary.

CAM00704.jpg

Need help

Can anyone send me a picture of the engine mounts on the left side, its just to show the garage so they can understand

motor mount at the same place as stock.  been having my FCR since 2009.

Can anyone send me a picture of the engine mounts on the left side, its just to show the garage so they can understand

5071_97199001915_3091345_n.jpg

So wheres does the one on the right side go on the left?

So wheres does the one on the right side go on the left?

Yes.

you stack them on the left so your throttle cables have more of a straight shot to the throttle wheel.the throttle wheel comes awfully close to the frame at the back of the carb and you can't change that

It really shouldn't be too complicated.  Some people say they have to pull ( stretch ) the air boot a little to make it reach. Did you get the "E" model adapter?  Not saying you have to have it, but some do.

Stacking both mounts on the left gives that extra room for the throttle wheels and cables.

There is a ton of info on this topic on TT.   Sometimes you best bet is to spend some time reading.