Sign in to follow this  

14' 200 XC-W

Heres a little history. I rode YZ 125s from 84-98 then in 98 I built a RPM YZ167. It was awesome! Around 2001 I sold it and got on the 4T thing starting with a 2001 WR250f then a 03, and a 07 with a 290 kit on it. Strayed to a Husky TE 06' 250 and 11'TE 310 but always back to my 07 WR290. Had a lot of 4 stroke fun the last 10+ yrs. Well after thinking how much fun it was on a 2t and watching a freind of mine blow thru everything on his YZ125/144 I thought Id make a jump. I just got my 14 200 XCW. This weekend will be the first if I get everything set up in time.

Reports to follow next week!

I am so jealous. I wanted to bring mine home in the create so bad! But they dealer wouldn't allow it.  It would have been so much fun to open it up and put it together my self. Just like Christmas. I bet I would have done a better job putting it together as well :angry: .

Awesome bike. I love it!!

Congratulations on the new bike.

Enjoy!!!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Took it for a mild run in ride at a flat area. I ran it for about an hour at 32:1. Took it home checked all bolts etc and got it ready for sunday. Took it easy/no wfo for the first hour or so and let it cool to the touch. Checked plug and everything looked good. did the same thing again let it cool and plug still looked good. Did a few mild climbs and limited full throttle bursts. Checked plug after a 3/4-full throttle hill climb and it looked a tad lean. Will try a richer main for the next ride. 1st impressions coming from a wr250/290f is :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: yeehaa! The weight is amazing! the torque is also there as well. There is not that 2T snap that I was expecting and in a good way. I could use a little more but only if I could keep the low end this thing has. It started out dry and nice and ended rainy and slick. The 200 shined as the day wore on. It would track and move! Its only been 1 sort of break in ride and im in awe with this thing. They say that I can play with the power valve to change the power so I might touch that latter. This bike feel s good. I think its going to relight the riding bug in me again!

I got a few questions for anyone who might know? Is there a dual map ignition and if so is it set stock on the mild or race setting? Did you mess with the PV and what did it do? Is there a guide on the features of the odometer? What jetting did you end up with? What gearing you end up with? How long did it take before the wow effect wore out... :thumbsup:

Love my 14 200..I ride close to sea level my jetting is 158main.. needle in 2nd with a 35 pilot. I am pretty sure the map wire comes plugged in(hot).I dont care for the switch..just handlebar clutter. Have not messed with pv.its fine for me..run motox at 60 to 1.

On the odo read the manual that's the only way as it has so many functions. I do not use the lap feature so I Don't enable that function. The clock,stopwatch, and odometer is all I use.Somehow the resettable odo can be on the left side in big numbers. Forgot that.

The hour meter and total mileage is always there. Cannot be changed or deleted easily.

On the odo read the manual that's the only way as it has so many functions. I do not use the lap feature so I Don't enable that function. The clock,stopwatch, and odometer is all I use.Somehow the resettable odo can be on the left side in big numbers. Forgot that.

I wanted to reset the odometer to track miles rode but couldn't find a way to reset it before the ride.

The odo has two modes..t1 and t2. T1 is resettable only to zero by holding down the big botton. T2 is resettable up and down with the two buttons. Holding down the big button will set each back to zero. If these functions are not visable they must be enabled on the initial setup.

Congratulations on new bike...Are you still running 32:1?  That could be your lean issue?  The manual calls for up to 60:1 I believe and I personally run 50:1.  That would richen up your jetting quite a bit.  Also you asked about the dual map on your bike.  Yes it has it and it is plugged in hot from the factory.  When I had a 200 I did not like the mild setting at all on the 200, it had no power at all on the mild setting.  You can very easily make your own switch with an automative switch and a little wire but I don't think you would like it on the 200.