Help with fuel screw!

I have a new 13' CRF450X that Ive been putting all my aftermarket parts on and I got to the point of replacing the fuel screw and the damn thing has a tamper plug blocking the fuel screw. How the heck to I get this thing out!!? I did a search here and crfs only and I cant find anything on this. Can some one please help me out?

Go to the CRF450X forum and read the pinned posts at the top.

There's a lot more you need to know...

You remove it using a 'solderless connector' jammed on the D shaped plug, or by buying the $80.00 tool you are going to use once.

Hi Kranni. Can you clarify this for me. I was under the impression from reading that you used the connector to unscrew the fuel screw, but your say thatyou use it for the the little brass plug that covers the fuel screw? Thank you

Hi Kranni. Can you clarify this for me. I was under the impression from reading that you used the connector to unscrew the fuel screw, but your say thatyou use it for the the little brass plug that covers the fuel screw? Thank you

If you have the brass plug (not always there) you drill a hole in it and pry it out with and ice pick.

Edited by Krannie

Thanks for clarifying that for me krannie. I'm going to do it in the morning. Wish me luck!

You only need to drill about 3mm deep, so put a 'flag' of tape on your drill bit and be careful.