Sign in to follow this  

CRF250L/M Seat Upgrades and Options

At 5'8" with a 29" inseam I wanted to find ways to lower the seat height via the seat before any suspension tinkering. After looking around a bit I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Corbin complete seat as I have had Corbin seats on several bikes in the past and they worked well but then found Seat Concepts.

I researched them a bit and found many happy customers. SC offers a new cover and padding for use on your existing seat pan for $160, DETAILS HERE. After some debating on color I decided on black (gripper) and red (carbon) to tie the tank and rest of the bikes colors in.

The package arrived quickly and well packaged. I took it to my buddy who is an upholsterer to do the swap for me.

I'm very happy with the results and will do a ride tomorrow to see how it feels.

ACB9522D-9BAF-42B4-8BD1-3F10D1027394-322-0000002DD924BA36_zpse96d27d1.jpg

0A19624F-37C4-46F9-872C-2403BD5E717F-322-0000002DDF9CFD48_zpsb5535f05.jpg

:ride:

• Like 7

Congrats !!! and it looks great ... :thumbsup:

Did you measure the seat height ? I'm just curious. :rolleyes:

My Corbin came out spot on at 34 & 3/4 :prof: My inseam is 30 and the bike is a little tall but, your suppose to keep them feet up on the pegs :goofy:

Edited by gnath9

Congrats !!! and it looks great ... :thumbsup:

Did you measure the seat height ? I'm just curious. :rolleyes:

My Corbin came out spot on at 34 & 3/4 :prof: My inseam is 30 and the bike is a little tall but, your suppose to keep them feet up on the pegs :goofy:

Thanks! It's no Corbin but is really nice for the loot. Based on some redneck measurin' I see it at about 34ish, maybe 34 1/4, and I only had 5 shots of shine this evening so that's a fair measurement. :prof:

It feels cut a little more narrow at the most forward position which helps also. The rear seems wider , hopefully it will stop raining so I can get out and ride tomorrow to test it out.

Thanks! It's no Corbin but is really nice for the loot. Based on some redneck measurin' I see it at about 34ish, maybe 34 1/4, and I only had 5 shots of shine this evening so that's a fair measurement. :prof:

It feels cut a little more narrow at the most forward position which helps also. The rear seems wider , hopefully it will stop raining so I can get out and ride tomorrow to test it out.

The only way we will ever know is if we can swap seats for a day. :smirk:

Your Buddy did an excellent job putting that on for you :thumbsup: it really does look a little "tighter" than what I have seen so far.

I went with the Corbin because I knew they made quality products but also, I just wanted to be able to bolt it on. :goofy: I can honestly say that my Corbin will out live the bike.

I really dig the fact that this bike has so many options out there that no two will really be the same :banana:

Edited by gnath9

The only way we will ever know is if we can swap seats for a day. :smirk:

Your Buddy did an excellent job putting that on for you :thumbsup: it really does look a little "tighter" than what I have seen so far.

I went with the Corbin because I knew they made quality products but also, I just wanted to be able to bolt it on. :goofy: I can honestly say that my Corbin will out live the bike.

I really dig the fact that this bike has so many options out there that no two will really be the same :banana:

That would be cool. Yeh my friend does great work, usually get him to make me seats from scratch but it's not worth his time, he mostly does hotrods, boats and stuff like that. I love all the options for these bikes to be able to make it into what we each need and want out of it.

That does have a nice profile and look. :D

:cheers:

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

I got it out for a short ride today, I have to say it's WAY more comfy than stock when you slide back just a little to the wider portion of the seat. Money well spent.

3F663BED-4AD3-4691-965F-B68449CCC59E-983-000000C71EE2B9AF_zps5875ae04.jpg

• Like 3

Got my bike a few days ago. Rode 50 miles the first day. Seat Sucks. Installed my new Seat Concepts after my first night. Get yourself a Seat Concepts or a Corbain. You won't be sorry!

• Like 1

I did the Seat Concepts Replacement. Well worth the effort! The stock seat is like sitting on a brick! I rode today on the new seat for about two hours, totally amazing! It really makes a difference.

• Like 1

I am very happy with my seat but, It was expensive and after I got it I knew why it costs so much.
It is of extreme high quality so much so .... it may out live the bike ... :shocked:
Main thing is .... My butt don't get sore no more :smirk:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

• Like 4

I am very happy with my seat but, It was expensive and after I got it I knew why it costs so much.

It is of extreme high quality so much so .... it may out live the bike ... :shocked:

Main thing is .... My butt don't get sore no more :smirk:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=19550

Yup, she's a beauty. Only reason I have my eyes on seat concepts is price. And the reviews on here are great.

• Like 1

A word of warning on the Seat Concepts cover....If you are at all vertically challenged, go with the "low" version. I was comfortable with the height of the stock seat at 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I put on the standard S.C. cover and was surprised at how much higher it feels. I guess it really isn't that much higher but wider at the front which spreads the legs farther apart. It's got me up on my toes a little more than I'm comfortable with. If I had it to do over I'd go with the low.

• Like 2

One thing I can say about the Corbin and I'm not sure this picture shows it that well but, It does feel taller for the most part other than when you slide up front .... It really has a nice dip to it up front and I feel that it really is like two seats in one.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=19551

CRF's only now has both standard and 3/4 in lower model and different cover materials too---Just so you know is all--much lower price than the Corbin :thumbsup::ride::thumbsup:

• Like 3

They say they have the low seat at their web site--I put one in carbon in my wish list even no 5 minuets b/f i put this posting up??

• Like 1

They say they have the low seat at their web site--I put one in carbon in my wish list even no 5 minuets b/f i put this posting up??

The "sport" seat is lower and is only as wide as the seat pan ... slightly wider than stock but not much. 

• Like 2

I'm already OLD so no what??still cheaper than a Corbin??

I have the Corbin and I would like to get this "sport" version of the seat concepts for the woods or as an off road only seat. 

I can almost guarantee you and am willing to bet that the Corbin will be 10 times the seat on the street and extended travels. 

I can honestly recommend the Corbin with confidence to anyone and am very happy I own one.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I rode a Corbin to Alaska (and back) a few years back and yes you are right there gnath--they are a quality seat-- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ride:

• Like 1