Manrack trouble

I ordered a Manrack rubicon rack for my bike on a Friday, and it was delivered on a Monday. However, it was all downhill after that.

First, it does not fit with the DRC Edge tail light kit and the OEM rear turn signals. If I leave the signals off, it will fit, but I don't want to do that.

Second, the rack that they sent me did NOT have the bungee mounts on the side. That's the main reason I picked this rack! If you go to their website, they don't even list one like the one I got so I don't know WTF they sent me.

Has anybody else had these problems?

I'm not having much luck modifying this bike. First the DRC light failed on me, and now the rack.

• Like 1

Sorry for your troubles--I had problems and don't like the Cycra skid i bought also--I think slolane has the same rack you have might send him a PM???got to get better RIGHT?? ?? :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the skid plate?

• Like 1

I don't think it is made for the bike ... I looked all over and the only place listed for the CRF250L was ebay. It is not listed on Cycra's website. 

and CRF'sOnly sells them but not for the CRF250L

NOW?? you tell me that--I made it fit with some longer bolts and swearing--but the coverage sucks!!

• Like 4

NOW?? you tell me that--I made it fit with some longer bolts and swearing--but the coverage sucks!!

well .... you didn't ask me now did ya ?  ?

Honestly I did not research it until after you bought it ... I do not like my aluminum flatlands only because it seems to make some crazy harmonic sound waves ... it is a very tuff full coverage plate tho ... maybe some foam would help but, I will either just remove and go back to stock or spend the big bucks on the Moose ...  :shocked:

• Like 4

I know that as i has posted a question and almost no body answered --live and learn i guess--this forum and you in perticular have saved me more than i paid of the piece of plastic anyway--I was just razzin ya!! :devil: :devil: ? besides i always need something to shoot at on my range for the AR-15--

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 3

well .... you didn't ask me now did ya ?  ?

Honestly I did not research it until after you bought it ... I do not like my aluminum flatlands only because it seems to make some crazy harmonic sound waves ... it is a very tuff full coverage plate tho ... maybe some foam would help but, I will either just remove and go back to stock or spend the big bucks on the Moose ...  :shocked:

Go to Home Depot and buy some 1/2 inch self adhesive medium density foam weatherstrip tape. Stick the tape to the lower frame rails then install the skid plate. It quiets down all the vibes.

• Like 1

Go to Home Depot and buy some 1/2 inch self adhesive medium density foam weatherstrip tape. Stick the tape to the lower frame rails then install the skid plate. It quiets down all the vibes.

Even tho it is mounted rock solid ? 

I have checked for looseness and vibration and it seems to have neither. It is hard for me to explain what I think is happening ... a harmonic sound wave was the best I could come up with. 

I have seen them sell skid plate foam .... I thought it was to keep mud out ...  :excuseme:

Even tho it is mounted rock solid ? 

I have checked for looseness and vibration and it seems to have neither. It is hard for me to explain what I think is happening ... a harmonic sound wave was the best I could come up with. 

I have seen them sell skid plate foam .... I thought it was to keep mud out ...  :excuseme:

This is the foam tape I recommend. Try it I think it will reduce the noise you're talking about. It's about $4.00 per roll at the hardware store.

image.jpg

• Like 2

This is what my Emperor Racing skid plate came with from the maker.  I cleaned the frame rails with alcohol and measured and cut a strip for each side to fit between the plate and the frame.  After all fasteners were cinched down there is no vibrations or noise from the plate whatsoever.  Give it a try and you'll be liking that Flatland plate again!

• Like 3

Mike @ Manracks made this all right for me.  He paid to have me ship the old rack back and made a new custom one that fits with the OEM turn signals and DRC tail light kit.  Everything fits great, and I got the exact rack that I wanted.  That's some great customer service. 

rack2.jpg

• Like 5

Mike @ Manracks made this all right for me.  He paid to have me ship the old rack back and made a new custom one that fits with the OEM turn signals and DRC tail light kit.  Everything fits great, and I got the exact rack that I wanted.  That's some great customer service. 

Congrats !!! 

and it looks as good as their customer service ...  great report ...  ?

post-370007-0-66942400-1382114274.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mike, 

Is a great guy, but he must not sleep much.  I have gotten emails from him at 3:00am, which would have been midnight pacific time.  I like the manrack products... ?   Glad to hear he provided you with what you wanted. 

+1 on this!  Emailed Mike back and forth a few times as I have the Yoshi fender eliminator.   He made me a rack that would work with the yoshi and it looks great!  Great service and he shipped it the same day I ordered it.   Cali to Jersey in two days! 

i should have gotten the bbq manrack... i bought mine then see that one listed... lol  oh well... i have the same one as you but with the rotopax plate welded in... but it was here quick, the welds are nice as far as my knowledge... fit perfect and do not have a single complaint... 

love the rack though...  easy on and off also...

on the skid plate thing, yes, the moose (or whoever makes it) black plastic one is the nicest one i think.. strongest? i dont know... but on my flatlands, that i have on since day 1, so i dont know what it sounds like without it.. lol, but i used my stock grips... sliced them up and made pads for between the frame and skid plate... i used the thinner grip for the top and the thicker grip (clutch side) for the bottom... works like a charm.. no marring on either surface and no weird sounds that i wouldnt know anyways. i wear ear plugs.. lol    but yeah, i repurpose anything i can.. after cutting off the grips, what else you gonna do with them??? hahahaha... i still have the thumb and pointer finger flange ring part still... never know what i might use em for... aux light rubber bushings maybe? seat pan rub stops on the frame??? anything is possible.. hell i used the backfire screen as a heat shield bracket while waiting for the stock one i ordered..

IMG_20130508_220731_870.jpg

and the manrack of course...

2013-02-19_14-47-10_39-1.jpg

Edited by eyeopenher
  • Like 1