Sign in to follow this  

Enduro?

Watching a lot of enduro videos. Redbull signature series videos. These guys are amazing. How quick they leap and climb and hop over stuff that would take me minutes of agony (I suck).

I have an XR400R right now, and it's doing its job PERFECTLY when it comes to getting me used to offroad riding... But I find the suspension just isn't up to the task of the "de-weighting" and preloading required to do some of the enduro style maneuvering. I think the issue is the rebound. The suspension just doesn't "pop" like those enduro guys' bikes do.

I'm wondering... What would be a good bike for me to step up to (when I'm ready). Preferably a bike that is either dualsport or platable (any fourstroke can be plated in my province).

Watching a lot of enduro videos. Redbull signature series videos. These guys are amazing. How quick they leap and climb and hop over stuff that would take me minutes of agony (I suck).

I have an XR400R right now, and it's doing its job PERFECTLY when it comes to getting me used to offroad riding... But I find the suspension just isn't up to the task of the "de-weighting" and preloading required to do some of the enduro style maneuvering. I think the issue is the rebound. The suspension just doesn't "pop" like those enduro guys' bikes do.

I'm wondering... What would be a good bike for me to step up to (when I'm ready). Preferably a bike that is either dualsport or platable (any fourstroke can be plated in my province).

Those guys abilities are way above we mortals. KTMs probably have the best suspensions, but the best are custom built for you. I never wanted to spend the money, but a RaceTech f&r suspension was given to me to test and I'm sold. 1k for 2 hp or a suspension tuned for you, the choice is obvious. Factory suspensions from everyone are geared to what is perceived as the average rider and none of us are.

Mike

has your bike ever been sprung & valved for your riding type/ability? XR400 should handle anything most weekend warriors do. Granted, the XR400 might not be the best enduro machine...however, when properly tuned, are rock solid & dead reliable. That's tough to beat.

If you want to get into enduro  try a GasGas Ec200  very light bikes and are great for enduro, if those are little to slow for you, try a Husky wr250 or a Ktm350exc-r  all 3 of these can be planted and street legal.