Sign in to follow this  

My Yellow Restyled YZ250 is DONE!New Pics....

Okay,I just want to show off my bike,is that so wrong!? Still needs a few more stickers,and probably gonna go carbon fiber on the rear brake guards.I put the big,fat O'Brian 70's style #35 on the plates,too.What do you think? And how do I make the photo bigger?I know it gets bigger if you click on it,but I don't know how to do those massive picture posts.I wanted to let everyone know that the custom graphics were done by Alex at Stickmangraphx.com...I highly recommend him.He listened to what I wanted to do,and made it happen.

100_1068.JPG

100_1078.JPG

100_1085.JPG

100_1077.JPG

100_1070.JPG

100_1081.JPG

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 24

Hey flap,that look's awesome,finally,some different shroud graphic's done right.NICE !!! I gotta know where you got the yellow caliper and rotor guard ? Also,what tank is that ? I noticed the fuel cap is more low profile than my Clark tank,I like it.Smezmx should love this one.

Edited by Alan48

That throwback "OW" type theme looks FANTASTIC ! Did you paint the tank yellow ?

• Like 2

Hey flap,that look's awesome,finally,some different shroud graphic's done right.NICE !!! I gotta know where you got the yellow caliper and rotor guard ? Also,what tank is that ? I noticed the fuel cap is more low profile than my Clark tank,I like it.Smezmx should love this one.

Thanks Alan!.I spraypainted them with Krylon Fusion spraypaint.Don't laugh,it works great!It is the Clarke tank,and it came with that cap.The cap has the little ballbearing flow stopper built into it.
  • Like 1

That throwback "OW" type theme looks FANTASTIC ! Did you paint the tank yellow ?

Thanks alot!While I do like busting out the spraypaint from time to time,this is a stock capacity Clarke tank that I ordered in Yellow.

I like it !!

hope the paint holds up those tanks being poly  don't like paint  IMHO

but since it's spray you can touch up    I did the same to my poly tank  just white   and get bubbles every once in a while

Edited by Zimman

I like it !!

hope the paint holds up those tanks being poly  don't like paint  IMHO

but since it's spray you can touch up    I did the same to my poly tank  just white   and get bubbles every once in a while

Zimman,the tank is a yellow plastic tank from Clarke.The rear brake guards are painted yellow with Krylon Fusion,which is awesome stuff,but I know it does not like gasoline.

really good job mate,one of the best i have seen.

i'll second that  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i'll second that  :thumbsup:

Smez,you should do a black and yellow version with no gold.Flap did a great job for sure.

• Like 1

Smez,you should do a black and yellow version with no gold.Flap did a great job for sure.

hi alan,yes he did and hopefully i will too.........................at some point  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words...I added a picture with my fat,old school  number 35 on it.I'm gonna be out in the garage finishing it up today,so I should have the finished look later this afternoon.

• Like 1

These images make me tingle in parts of my body that they really shouldn't!!! Freakin awesome job man.

• Like 1

These images make me tingle in parts of my body that they really shouldn't!!! Freakin awesome job man.

Haha,I thought I was the only way that felt that way !!!

very nice looking bikes!  I will say the one thing that throws me off about the 250 is the side number plate background.  The black just stopping there looks a bit odd to me. It might be cool if the section had the hurricane hannah strobe there as well, or just carried the black down.  I love all the retro fender stickers and numbers too.  great job!

• Like 1