need help with upgrading

hi guys i am in need of some help

i have an 05 drz400sm

stock

have a k&n air filter

and two brothers racing muffler

was planning to get the act transmission upgrade with a 440 big bore kit and a fmf powerbomb header pipe

i need help with jetting info, and i guess if i get a different jet kit i will need to do the 3x3 airbox mod

so any recomendations on what stage jetting kit i should get or what brand ????

would be awsome if some one has already done what i am trying to do as i would like to know how it turned out

thanks guys

warning.jpg

If you are going to keep the stock paper weight , then get the JD jet kit and definitely do the 3x3 mod at the same time . The JD kit has nearly all of the bits you will need , float bowl screws , needles , pilot air jet , main jets . The dynojet kit has two stages , you want stage two , but it only has one needle , diaphram spring , main jets , and a drill bit to remove the brass plug on the mixture screw . Your choice really . I have never seen the price for an FMF header , but will it fit the slipon without too much modifying ? It might be just a little more ( or so ) to get a full system like the MRD .  greg

hi guys i am in need of some help

i have an 05 drz400sm

stock

have a k&n air filter

and two brothers racing muffler

was planning to get the act transmission upgrade with a 440 big bore kit and a fmf powerbomb header pipe

i need help with jetting info, and i guess if i get a different jet kit i will need to do the 3x3 airbox mod

so any recomendations on what stage jetting kit i should get or what brand ????

would be awsome if some one has already done what i am trying to do as i would like to know how it turned out

thanks guys

Kurt I had the Two Brothers slip on as well before going with the MRD/SSW.  I bought a JD Jet kit and ran 155 main 25 pilot and 2.5 turns out on screw, I also did the 3x3 mod.  It was a big improvement on throttle response.  I purchased a delta torque header form Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply that mounted right up to the Two Brothers it was about $100.  If you run the same set up that I did I believe you can get away with a 160 main jet.  If you keep the stock pilot you can run the extended fuel screw as well which you can get at Wheeling Cycle as well, the guys on here say if you run the 25 stick with the stock screw.

ok some intersting points have to look into it and see what happens

thanks guys

:ride:

I have nothing against DynoJet but definitely get the JD kit for the Mikuni. The stock needle has to be replaced to get the full benefits from the jet replacement.