Kxf 450 2012 radiator coolent bubbling up is something going to go wrong?

Radiator coolent bubbling

With the wealth of information you've given us to work with, I would off hand guess a possible leaking head gasket. Do a cylinder leak down test to confirm.

Wealth of information? I have pointed out he problem hence (bubbling coolant from radiator is ther a problem accruing) and if the head gasket was a factor it would use coolant, the amount dosent go down just bubbles up

Edited by stonerpantz

Leaking head gasket doesn't always cause it to draw coolant into the combustion chamber, many times it pressurizes the system causing them to actually boil over like an over heat when the motor isn't overly hot. Like I said, do a cylinder leak down test to find out..

Leaking head gasket doesn't always cause it to draw coolant into the combustion chamber, many times it pressurizes the system causing them to actually boil over like an over heat when the motor isn't overly hot. Like I said, do a cylinder leak down test to find out..

Ya, like he said

How do I do that? And think that is the problem just started the bike there n it was tiking ova for less than two mins n I checked the coolant and it was all bubbly and frothy on top

You can either buy a leak down tester (expensive), or if you have access to, or know somebody with a TIG welder, you can make one out of an old spark plug, couple air line fittings, a piece of air line, and a couple hose clamps. The idea is to get the motor on TDC, and feed compressed air (100-120psi) into the combustion chamber. With the radiator cap off, watch to see if bubbles start coming up in the coolant. A real leak down tester has 2 gauges to measure percentage of leak down through the intake or exhaust valves (or head gasket), but a simple home made one will work for your current purposes.

If all you have is a little bit of foam, it's most likely nothing. But if you have a steady supply of bubbles coming up when the motor is running with the cap off, it pretty much has to be compression gasses being forced into the cooling system. Only place bubbles could be coming from.

Flush and refill cooling system. Flush it good. See if you still get foam.

Nice one lads ... And these bikes have a warning light which is soposed to cum on if thers a fault anywhere and it hasn't came in yet

Isn't that light just for an overheat and/or the FI system?

And I see a mod finally noticed and moved the thread to it's rightful spot.. :smirk:

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

Hey Stoner 

just to clarify, is it overflowing or just when you open the rad cap and look in rad.The water pump will cause that and it's normal.If it's not overflowing.

Hope this helps

Ernie 

Edited by gonzokx

No mate its not over flowing it just looks frothy/bubbly when I take the cap off!! I'll put a pic on later to sort the job ;)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381085059.505769.jpg. This was after 5 mins riding Edited by stonerpantz

Ahh, yeah that's not normal. Do you have a manual? Changing the coolant is really easy and cheap so I'd start there.

Whent out on it earlier for over 2 hours of hard trail riding and it never missed a beat still