Sign in to follow this  

New owner

I have just bought a 2005 drz 400s and would like your opinion on a couple of things please.

Is it worth installing a Scottoiler E or V as i have been told that if you ride off road ( will be doing some green laneing UK) that the dirt clogs up the tube and then stops working.

Front fork springs from Pro Cycle for my weight at .52 (230 +).

Hid light kit.

There are other items but they are mostly cosmetic and a personal preference.

I hope someone has an opinion and can help.

Cheers

Barrie

what is a "Scottoiler E or V"?

Jawknee , it is an oiler for the chain , so you dont have to lube it all of the time . It feeds a regulated flow of oil onto the chain , which you can control . It is very good for riding off road in mud , dirt and sand , but can make quite a mess . But hey , so does mud   :smirk: , greg

• Like 1

Jawknee , it is an oiler for the chain , so you dont have to lube it all of the time . It feeds a regulated flow of oil onto the chain , which you can control . It is very good for riding off road in mud , dirt and sand , but can make quite a mess . But hey , so does mud   :smirk: , greg

im not sure what all this mud dirt and sand stuff is that everyone talks about. i have an sm. :p  :lol:

• Like 1

Wow , they have gotten flash over the years . I had one on my bike , back in the 80`s . It was just gravity fed and it made a hell of a mess , greg

Yeah and not cheap either. :jawdrop:

Oiler??? Lean it over on the stsnd and lube chain,lol. The lube is to keep rust away and to keep outside of o-rings lubed . A steady stresm of lube ? Expensive,messy,snd waste of time....chains are wear items .

Kinda sounds like a chain-saw oiler........oopps, I guess that was a Northwest comment.... :lol:

Auto oilers are messy, even if you use gear oil it still gets on everything back there.just lube the chain with a quality chain lube every 1000kms

Fork and rear shock spring/valve mods might be beneficial, depending on how it is ridden. 

Auto chain oilers are not an item I would rely on and they can be messy. Its better to take the time to check the chain every couple hundred miles and oil spray it manually so that it is confirmed as good, rather than assuming the auto oiler was doing what the owner thought it was supposed to.