06, crf250r.

Quick question. I am needing a rebuild "kit" for my water pump, and i was wondering what "brand" would be the best to do it with..  Hot Rods, Boyesen or ???  All i do is trail ride, and climb a few hills wit it... Thanks in advance..  Oh, and its all stock.  

Quick question. I am needing a rebuild "kit" for my water pump, and i was wondering what "brand" would be the best to do it with.. Hot Rods, Boyesen or ??? All i do is trail ride, and climb a few hills wit it... Thanks in advance.. Oh, and its all stock.

I've always liked boyseen.

I've always liked boyseen.

Thanks a bunch, Freestyle.  I was gonna just buy the complete kit, cover and all. But wow, its high dollar..  Again thx!!

Thanks a bunch, Freestyle. I was gonna just buy the complete kit, cover and all. But wow, its high dollar.. Again thx!!

they aren't cheap! But you pay for what you get!

they aren't cheap! But you pay for what you get!

Very true.  ya buy junk u will get junk..lol...  I have noticed they are some kits with a "bearing" and bearing shaft seals and of course the pump cover seal/gasket,  and some are not. What actually is suppose to come with a rebuild kit?  My problem is i am getting "engine ice coolant" in my tranny side, so i would defintely need the "shaft seal"?

Very true. ya buy junk u will get junk..lol... I have noticed they are some kits with a "bearing" and bearing shaft seals and of course the pump cover seal/gasket, and some are not. What actually is suppose to come with a rebuild kit? My problem is i am getting "engine ice coolant" in my tranny side, so i would defintely need the "shaft seal"?

should include all gaskets, seals, washers and O-rings. I've rebuilt a few of these myself in my shop.

should include all gaskets, seals, washers and O-rings. I've rebuilt a few of these myself in my shop.

Thanks.. But thats my problem, ive never rebuilt one and not sure what comes with it, i have tried to  research  some info on it, through youtube and such. but no luck..haha..  I am going to attempt to rebuild it myself, i am somewhat mechanicly inclined..lol.  I have one more question for ya, and ill leave ya alone...  To replace the bearings and seals in the water pump, "do i need to remove clutch cover and the crank case cover" to do this? Or can i access that by just removing the water pump cover?