Yeah i am back and rebuilding a 2000 KX 250

just traded for a 2001 KX250 project bike. The guy said he broke his fuel line it leaned it out and seized it.

It was seized...Man the stuffers on the crank are gone from one side of the wiseco crank...lol. I have never seen that before.. I freed everything up and tried to clean the bottom end. I do not have a case splitter tool so not sure what I am going to do with this jewel yet. Maybe I should be smart and just part it out. The bike besides the seized engine is in really good shape with new pro taper bars and controls and a very nice PC platinum pipe and matching 304

I know I should search but I was looking on ebay and there is a late model KX250 engine..Looks to be 03 or newer. Will this engine fit my current motor mounts? 

This is how I got it.

01KX250_zps012cbb71.jpg

Edited by Blackwoodz

most of the time the case splitters i use are bought at harbor freight bright orange and say dead blow on them.

lol..i got that covered. i thought about grabbing their $14 wheel puller. What about re installing do you use the orange tool for that also? ?

zz3gmc....Any idea if my 01 pipe will work with the later model jug?.  This motor has been rebuilt because it has a wiseco crank in it now. I see a full rebuild kit is about $300.

Anyone ever see the stuffers come apart? What would cause something like that? it also looks like the right side thrush washer maybe be bad.

Id go with an oem rod/prox but lethal has a.pretty good.clue with everything

Yeah most teenagers do...just ask any of mine...lol

His snide comment was just a bitter pill at the moment. I had ordered the wiseco because at that moment I had not read so many recent failures and I could not seem to find the OEM crank I was looking for. 15 hours later I did locate the OEM crank and was back on track.

I did know those cranks had issues but I was hoping Wiseco had stepped up and corrected their issue. i guess not from all that I am still seeing. It is just a shame a reputable company would let its name be tarnished so badly.

Mycrank arrived wednesday. very pleased I went with the oem. My seals  piston arrived yesterday and my 94 kx 250 trans arrived today. I was able to get everything on the bottom end buttoned up. NOTE make sure when you swap out the output shaft low ear you install with the shallow side towards the case. That little fubar set me back about three hours. But all is well that ends well. the bottom end is back in the frame. I am going to pull the power valves out tonight and clean them good before i go any further with assembly. Should be putting fuel in it by noon if all goes well.

subbed! I've been working on a project 02 hybrid for awhile now. picked up a clean 02 frame with no title unfortunatly, swapping in my 98's motor and gonna make it my woods bike. Just need to find a proper rear wheel off ebay/craigslist and maybe see about titling it.

looking forward to see your progress!

I love those 15 year old critics...
Not me, ask anyone else who's had a wiseco crank failure.
Yeah most teenagers do...just ask any of mine...lolHis snide comment was just a bitter pill at the moment. I had ordered the wiseco because at that moment I had not read so many recent failures and I could not seem to find the OEM crank I was looking for. 15 hours later I did locate the OEM crank and was back on track.I did know those cranks had issues but I was hoping Wiseco had stepped up and corrected their issue. i guess not from all that I am still seeing. It is just a shame a reputable company would let its name be tarnished so badly.
I understand that. No biggie. Hope you have better luck than everyone else Edited by lethalweapon100