Sign in to follow this  

Sold the Sherco because of this

Well it was fun for a while but the thrill was gone. I Sold the Sherco cause I was not riding it much since I found out about MX and built this in my back yard. Seems I could't find time for both and had to decide on one. 

Edited by Stroupdog

That's a great track! I keep trying to convince husband I need an mx track but he's not going for it. He does help me create trials sections though so I can't complain.

Did you do the work yourself? The jumps and berms look perfect.

Nice track,

I am going the opposite direction with the sale of my enduro to start trials. I have a world class event area on my property, but I was blind to the fact.

Nice Work, Jammin' Jimmy! :thumbsup:

It looks like fun flyin' the friendly sky of Redmond/StroupDog Airlines!!! :ride:

You still have your YZ125er?

Jimmie

No Jimmie, Sold the YZ125 it was a handful to keep in the powerband and safely ride by my old ass! The 450 has the grunt to get me over anything at the last minute. 

That's a great track! I keep trying to convince husband I need an mx track but he's not going for it. He does help me create trials sections though so I can't complain.

Did you do the work yourself? The jumps and berms look perfect.

A friend of mine built most of it and I did the most recent additions of a couple doubles. It's a work in progress and has evolved along with my skills at MX. 

I am still fast for my age(heckanyage), too fast,its that hitting the gound now really takes a long time to get back up...

I`m tring to sell everything I got to get a trials bike.

It took me way to many years to find out that after a point being fast is just not important anymore. With trials it not about speed, its skill and balance. Anyone can get on a big 450 and twist it and hang with anyone for a couple of seconds. Anyone can huck a big jump too, it will catch up to you sometime. I still like racing and being fast, but I like to be able to ride all the time instead of healing on the couch and watching. good luck with the track.

Cool track, went back to moto this summer, been riding trials for 11 years. I forgot how much fun moto is. Had a blast in our summer series, now its back to trials. The STRA had our 58K event in Sequatchie TN at TTC this past weekend. Got 3rd both days in the Senior Advanced class. But......I thank if I had to make a choice.....I guess it would be moto. Glad I don't have to choose.

Twang Daddy

I was joshing you Stroup.  but that is what all (even my stepson) does, thinks he'd rather motocross...  Im like yeah, when you have your own insurance and bike, have fun.

• Like 2

I like both. 450 on a track and gasgas 280 in the knarly stuff.

Yawn.

That's not MX, that's track-o-jump-o-cross.

What are you talkin' about???? :confused: Flight time on a dirt bike is one of the most fun things on the planet!!! :ride:

What's your idea of "fun"? Shopping for hemorrhoid cream? :lol:

Jimmie

• Like 1

What are you talkin' about???? :confused: Flight time on a dirt bike is one of the most fun things on the planet!!! :ride:

What's your idea of "fun"? Shopping for hemorrhoid cream? :lol:

Jimmie

O Jimmie,   be nice now Mr. N

Twang D

• Like 1

Sorry 'bout that.....

Wasn't meant with "malice" or outright meanness intent.... I hope Krannie took it that way.....

But ya know, I actually do have to kinda agree with him, as far as mx goes. The tracks that I've ridden in the last few years have pretty much all been jump festivals, especially the indoor tracks. I guess Washougal & Boise would be the exceptions that...... Still, I do stand by my above statement: "Flight time on a dirt bike is one of the most fun things on the planet".

There is, however, an art form called "cornering" that's pretty important to finishes........

Jimmie

• Like 1