Sign in to follow this  

Starter squeals. Please Help

Hi guys, trucked bike out to some fun trails.  Bike wouldn't start, just tuened over for half a second then squealed. 

Some guys push started me, I warmed it up with  some riding in the parkng lot, then it would start right away before the squealing had a chance to start.  Any of you know what this may be and what the remedy may be?

Did get in a fun ride, still have to get the weeds out from around the axels. 

Thanks

flossandfly

.//.*

Bike is a XR650L. 

Oh that explains it, because I just usually grunt, when kicking! :smirk:

• Like 1

If I had to kick it I may have squealed.  But it is the L with ectric start.  Squealing is a bad sign I am sure. 

Thanks for the info.  I will look for options.  I had a problem a while back where I went to start and nothing happened, may have been the bushings not allowing it to turn. 

Thanks again BrianHare, this forum is fantastic. 

BTW I was trying to find a sharkfin and see you have the scotts sharkfin on your signature line.  The part store guy had no ideas when I asked him. 

Thanks for the info.  I will look for options.  I had a problem a while back where I went to start and nothing happened, may have been the bushings not allowing it to turn. 

BTW I was trying to find a sharkfin and see you have the scotts sharkfin on your signature line.  The part store guy had no ideas when I asked him. 

your part guy is a turd..........you need a new part guy :devil:

The Scotts guard is one nice piece of alloy,,tough as hell...

http://www.scottsonline.com/Product_Purchase.php?PartType=2&Bike_ID=1146

B

I have the XRs only one think its the 4stroke unlimited one had a little powder coating done on it

CAM00170.jpg

Well the Caltric Starter kit for the XR650L was not what I wanted.  I bought it for the replacement bearing for the starter shaft and that bearing did not fit.  The bearing would not fit over the shaft so I cleaned and greased the old one and hope for the best.  Really disappointed.