Rekluse questions..

Im highly considering adding the exp 2.0 to my '06 250. I have a couple questions for you who have them installed

Brake dragging?-like when going downhills do you have to pull the clutch to drag the rear wheel or is it good to do it w/ out pulling in the clutch?

Clutch pull?-Ive heard the it makes the clutch pull much harder, how true is that?

Acts like normal clutch?-this may be a dumb question but can you still use it like a normal clutch? I want to keep the same feel of a normal clutch but just be able to tractor up the rough stuff if need be.

Kind of silly questions but any input is appreciated

You have to remove 2 clutch plates to install the EXP which is essentially one fat clutch plate - this will cause the clutch to slip on anything more than a stock motor.   As it is Rekluse supplies heavy duty clutch springs which cause the clutch pull effort to increase a lot.   You could try using a MSR easy pull clutch which might make the effort a little more normal - but you'd have to pull the lever farther to release the clutch.

The CoreEXP is deeper in order to run the stock number of plates back so things feel normal.

Yes - the clutch operates just like a clutch normally does - but - you can lock up the rear wheel without stalling the engine and if you find yourself a gear too high the clutch will slip and let you ride through it.   I like It for dead engine hare scramble starts because you just bang the kicker with the bike in 2nd gear (and the tranny oil warm) and go.  (I also run a cheater left hand rear brake but that's another story)

You have to remove 2 clutch plates to install the EXP which is essentially one fat clutch plate - this will cause the clutch to slip on anything more than a stock motor.   As it is Rekluse supplies heavy duty clutch springs which cause the clutch pull effort to increase a lot.   You could try using a MSR easy pull clutch which might make the effort a little more normal - but you'd have to pull the lever farther to release the clutch.

The CoreEXP is deeper in order to run the stock number of plates back so things feel normal.

Yes - the clutch operates just like a clutch normally does - but - you can lock up the rear wheel without stalling the engine and if you find yourself a gear too high the clutch will slip and let you ride through it.   I like It for dead engine hare scramble starts because you just bang the kicker with the bike in 2nd gear (and the tranny oil warm) and go.  (I also run a cheater left hand rear brake but that's another story)

Thanks for the response. I have an arc/moose clutch perch so that will probably help. Why would you have to pull the lever farther to engage it?

I going to pull the trigger on it soon, cant wait!

I can get you a good price on a new one if you're ready to buy.

You don't have to touch the clutch to hammer away at the rear brake.

The clutch pull will get a tad stiffer with the Rekluse springs in there.  It's not terrible, especially since you won't be working the clutch lever as much.

The Moose ez pull clutch has a different pull ratio - pulling the lever all the way to the bars pulls the cable something like 25% less distance - so the pull is 25% easier.   (There's less distance from the pivot to where the cable connects to the lever)