pro circuit slip on exhaust mounting problem

my problem is the mid pipe outside diameter where it meets the stock head pipe. the stock pipe that it replaces has a much larger outside diameter, so the stock clamp is useless for clamping the new pipe to the stock pipe. should my dealer have given me a heads up for a new clamp or does the connection not require a clamp? the latter does"nt seem right. if someone has direct experience with this situation your help is appreciated!!

Yeah, where are you confused now?

Oh, there is no confusion, I'm laughing at the fact you called it a precision slip fit.  While it is a tight fit, we are talking about a mass produced dirtbike exhaust, I'm pretty sure there is nothing precision about it.  But then again maybe we have a differant idea on what precicion means

Oh, there is no confusion, I'm laughing at the fact you called it a precision slip fit.  While it is a tight fit, we are talking about a mass produced dirtbike exhaust, I'm pretty sure there is nothing precision about it.  But then again maybe we have a differant idea on what precicion means

Root word of precision, (which you are unable to even spell) is "precise". If the pipe in question wasn't precise it would not be a slip fit.

Jagash!!!!

Root word of precision, (which you are unable to even spell) is "precise". If the pipe in question wasn't precise it would not be a slip fit.

Jagash!!!!

Not my spelling, just quoting the knowitall, opps I mean krannie....and an exhaust pipe is not characterized by or having a high degree of exactness...which would be the definition of precision.

Not my spelling, just quoting the knowitall, opps I mean krannie....and an exhaust pipe is not characterized by or having a high degree of exactness...which would be the definition of precision.

So.... To be clear. The engineers at pro circuit, fmf, DRD etc. use the "close enough" or "that'll do" approach.

I'm not an engineer but common sense dictates that precision would apply when crafting a product that is designed to float when extreme temperatures are involved and seal simultaneously. Pretty damn precise to me.

I don't even know why I bother. I think you get off on pissing people off.

So.... To be clear. The engineers at pro circuit, fmf, DRD etc. use the "close enough" or "that'll do" approach.

I'm not an engineer but common sense dictates that precision would apply when crafting a product that is designed to float when extreme temperatures are involved and seal simultaneously. Pretty damn precise to me.

I don't even know why I bother. I think you get off on pissing people off.

I understand why you would feel that way.  You and a few others on here expect people to see things your way and when they don’t, they are being difficult or just attempting to start shit.  I get that, it happens on all types of internet forums.  With that being said, when these engineers go about designing their exhaust systems they give the manufacturer a set of specifications to make said part such as an exhaust, they are given a range of expectable tolerances.  An exhaust system, on a dirt bike, is not going to be held to the same measures as a piston for example.  I piston is something I would call to be precise, an exhaust, not so much.

What a bunch of squirrels. 

Grapes come in bunches, not squirrels.

Some references say that a group of squirrels is called a dray, while some indicate that a dray refers specifically to a nest of a mother squirrel and her babies. Other references say that a group of squirrels is called a scurry.

?

hey guys. my question was about exhausts not squirels.how did this turn into a pissing match? anyway there is always some guy ready to post some crap just for the sake of seeing his name and his stupid rants on the computer. you know the type, he sits in his room above his mothers living room, drapes drawn in the dark with his aluminum foil helmet so aliens can't read his thoughts. for those that responded, thanks.

• Like 1

hey guys. my question was about exhausts not squirels.how did this turn into a pissing match? anyway there is always some guy ready to post some crap just for the sake of seeing his name and his stupid rants on the computer. you know the type, he sits in his room above his mothers living room, drapes drawn in the dark with his aluminum foil helmet so aliens can't read his thoughts. for those that responded, thanks.

Oh, so you met MrWrong already....

My titanium helmet is more effective

Edited by backyard hack
  • Like 1