Sign in to follow this  

Dear YZ 250 design dept for 2015...

looks like 2015 came early?  only kidding    :D

3649_361704310599858_482727529_n.jpg

• Like 3

looks like 2015 came early?  only kidding    :D

3649_361704310599858_482727529_n.jpg

Man that is beautiful! That should be in the line next year. Thanks for the pic!

Doubt it will happen, there is talk of some global emissions pact starting in 2015.

That would be big news to me. Where'd you hear this?

I saw it in the news talks of a pact between all nato countries to curb emissions starting in 2015. Why all the small bore 2t street bikes n scooters but disappeared. makes sense was told the kawie zx 150 in se asia no more after this year. It is one on the last new smoker street bike you can bbuy.

I saw it in the news talks of a pact between all nato countries to curb emissions starting in 2015. Why all the small bore 2t street bikes n scooters but disappeared. makes sense was told the kawie zx 150 in se asia no more after this year. It is one on the last new smoker street bike you can bbuy.

I can say with certianty this either is entirely false. Since when does NATO (a military alliance) deal with vehicle emissions?  And since when do emissions regulations apply to closed-course racing bikes?  Answer - they don't!  As far as I know EPA has nothing in the works for tightening regulations on on-road or off-road motorcycles. Euro standards for on-road stuff takes it's next step in 2016. Other nations are all over the place, from some bucklign down at the end of this year, to others that have no plans to do anything in any number of years.

KTM gets away with selling all their enduro 2 strokes because they are sold as just that, closed course race bikes. I'm actually surprised they get away with it. I'm not surprised that other manufactures don't want to dabble in that grey area for relatively minor sales numbers.

This EPA document covers it better than I could.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/nonroad/2002/f02045.pdf

Interestingly, if you have a bike built in 2006 or later that is for off road (such as CRF-X, WR, etc), legally it cannot be modified in anyway that will effect emissions. Exhaust, jetting, "cut the pink wire" of that, illegal. Also, closed course bikes (like YZ's, and those KTM's) cannot be used for recreational use on public property. Obviously not enforced though.

It just said all countries that are part of un/nato are going to agree to this and it was all emissions not just cars. Epa has nothing to do with this look it up if ya don't believe me iI didn't write the article. I saw it only a couple weeks ago it was part of all this talk about warming oceans.

I really hope Yamaha doesn't go in that direction with the design of the two strokes.  The Fs are god awful ugly. 

Although I am not all that concerned, I have a feeling that Yamaha would drop the two stroke line before they fit them into the new four stroke chassis. 

It just said all countries that are part of un/nato are going to agree to this and it was all emissions not just cars. Epa has nothing to do with this look it up if ya don't believe me iI didn't write the article. I saw it only a couple weeks ago it was part of all this talk about warming oceans.

I've tried Googling every possible combination of terms I can think of. Link to the article? I can't find anything.

I work in the industry and emissions is what keeps me employed. I've not heard anything about this. So please, link me to it!

Intetesting read. Does not support your claims though. It's simply a report and forecasting by scientists. Does not talk about any regulations that are being put in place, just what experts (not lawmakers) think should be done.

Thats how I read it anyway. If your interpretation is correct then the company I work for would have a massively different future plan.

This forecast is what they are going to use as the bases of their claim for these changes. It hasn't happened yet but it is believed it will.

This forecast is what they are going to use as the bases of their claim for these changes. It hasn't happened yet but it is believed it will.

An opinion is a far cry from the original claim of new emissions regs for 2015. Are you involved in the industry at all?

I think our we dirt bikers in the us won't see any changes for at least 3-5 years. As much as we all whine about the governing bodies, they do give manufacturers ample warning to get the technology ironed out. Big developments take years to get production ready.

IMO the 2014 YZF's are the ugliest bikes since Cannondale. I'd rather they left them alone.

• Like 1

IMO the 2014 YZF's are the ugliest bikes since Cannondale. I'd rather they left them alone.

I agree I'm still happy with the way they look aside from putting a newer front fender on them...

And I know its been said b4 but I honestly don't care if they don't change anything I'll be happy as long as they keep making them. In fact i plan on buying a new Yz next year...its is coming out again next year right?

Maybe by then this 06 will be clapped out enough for me to warrant just wanting a brand new untouched bike. (Yz ofcourse.) I keep saying when I'm done with this bike it'll be on craigslist for 1200bux

I have a 2007 YZ 250 and like the bike a ton. But want to look forward to buying a new bike. KTMs not really turning me on. RMs are gone. TMs look cool but too expensive. Would like to see Yamaha improve upon it.

my 2007 looks better than the new 4 strokes.

one of the ugliest bikes ever.

Im not a big fan of the 2014 yzf chasis or style either. I bought a new 2013 yz 250 and i dont care its not changed since 06 or the motor is the same from 13 years ago. U just cant fix perfection. It ktm many years to finally catch up. My bike is new and i know what stuff ive done to it or what it needs. If there worried about emissions why dont they get all those diesal smokers and rat bagged cars of the road or regulate somthing that cause more pollution. (Coil burning plants) etc