Sign in to follow this  

High end riding gear for my wife

I am looking for some high end riding gear for my wife and wanted the Thumpettes opinion on what works well. I would prefer not to contiune sticking her in unisex (aka, men's but 1 size smaller) riding gear. Usage will be ADV / light dual sport. Price is not a factor. I am looking for a jacket/pants or a 1 piece riding suit.

Features desired:

• 4 season. Very well ventilated because she is a whiner about the heat. It doesn't get especially cold where we live and there is always heated gear.
  • Textile, at least 600D Cordura with reinforced impact areas. No mesh shells. No leather. No polyester.
  • CE approved armor (SAS-tech, d3o, or other soft armor preferred) at shoulders, elbows, back (CE Level 2), hips, and knees. 
  • Waterproofing is not critical. If it is waterproof, it should not be the type where the outer shell will stay dripping wet for a day. Frogg Toggs are cheap.
  • Custom sizing and construction would be very nice.
  • Some high viz and reflective patches, but she won't go around looking like a human shaped traffic cone.

I am already looking at a few things. The Teiz Revolution is perfect, except for being a 1 piece. We both prefer a 2 piece for the convenience of being able to just take off the jacket for a quick trip inside a store or restaurant. Also, bathroom breaks are easier. Are there any other custom makers for women that do high end 2 pieces?

The Firstgear TPG Monarch looks pretty nice. I have read some really bad things about the matching pants though. The Olympia AST2 is a classic, but I am worried it won't vent well enough in the heat. 

I don't have anything resembling a clue about suitable pants.

Sorry in advance for the pickiness and specific criteria, but I want the best for her. I think it should be possible to hit all of these criteria when price is left out of the equation, but I am having a hard time finding it.. Hope some of you ladies can help me out.

Edited by overgrownmoose

I just saw LionHeartMoto.com gear. Check it...

Gear looks nice, but not really suitable for our criteria. I don't favor polyester or leather.

Not sure if they have a line that works for you but I'd check www.klim.com

Edited by lilGirl

Not sure if they have a line that works for you but I'd check www.klim.com

One word, KLIM

Looking on their website, they have only 1 pair of moto pants which are nothing special and they have no moto jackets.

She is pretty set on the Teiz Revolution now, especially after she saw the video of how easy it is to put on with the full length zipper.

Looking on their website, they have only 1 pair of moto pants which are nothing special and they have no moto jackets.

She is pretty set on the Teiz Revolution now, especially after she saw the video of how easy it is to put on with the full length zipper.

I doubt you are going to find a moto version by anyone thats 4 seasons like you posted. I have the Badlands pro and it works great from 100º down to 15º. I also have their winter gear( Keweenaw) and have used it down to -35º snowmobiling. They have a ton of vents, pockets, armor, waterproof and it's very light. I have a garage full of Firstgear, BMW, Tourmaster,Kentic, Ruckus, Richa and nothing is even close to Klim. Yes, it's expensive but it works in all conditions. How many other jackets have these many features?

• GORE-TEX® 3-LAYER PRO SHELL
  • GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® 
  • HIGH STRENGTH FABRICS COMBINE IN A DURABLY BREATHABLE WATERPROOF JACKET 
  • HIGH-MOBILITY ACTIVE FIT PATTERNING FOR UNMATCHED COMFORT 
  • PRE-CURVED ARM AND RIDER POSITIONING CONSTRUCTION 
  • GORE-TEX® STRETCH SHOULDER PANELS MINIMIZE RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT 
  • D3O CE-RATED INTEGRATED LIMB AND BACK PANEL ARMOR SYSTEM [VIPER PRO LEVEL II BACK ARMOR} 
  • DOW CORP. SILICONIZED SPACER MESH FRONT CHEST ARMOR 
  • ADJUSTABLE ARMOR POCKETS FOR REFINED PLACEMENT 
  • HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT ARMACOR PANELS IN KEY IMPACT AND WEAR AREAS 
  • INTEGRATED JACKET-STABILIZING, REMOVABLE AND ADJUSTABLE KIDNEY BELT SUPPORT SYSTEM 
  • 7 EXTERNAL POCKETS [5 CARGO FRONT, 1 LARGE BACK, 1 SLEEVE I.D.} 
  • 4 INTERNAL POCKETS [2 ZIPPERED, 2 MESH STASH} 
  • 1 SECRET INTERNAL POCKET 
  • BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT 
  • JACKET-TO-PANT ZIPPER INTEGRATION SYSTEM 
  • 4 SLEEVE ADJUSTMENT STRAPS 
  • LINED COMFORT COLLAR 
  • MESH COMFORT LINER 
  • MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 8 PORTS 
  • 4 ARM INTAKES, 2 PIT INTAKES 
  • 2 VERTICAL BACK EXHAUSTS 
  • INDUSTRIAL GRADE 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE PANELS AND TRIM 
  • HYDRATION SYSTEM COMPATIBLE WITH BLADDER POCKET AND HOSE PORT ROUTING [bLADDER NOT INCLUDED} 
  • RUBBER COATED BUTTON CLOSURE 
  • YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT, WATER RESISTANT URETHANE COATED IN EXPOSED AREAS. 
  • VELCRO ADJUSTABLE WRIST CLOSURES
Edited by Rotax

I doubt you are going to find a moto version by anyone thats 4 seasons like you posted. I have the Badlands pro and it works great from 100º down to 15º. I also have their winter gear( Keweenaw) and have used it down to -35º snowmobiling. They have a ton of vents, pockets, armor, waterproof and it's very light. I have a garage full of Firstgear, BMW, Tourmaster,Kentic, Ruckus, Richa and nothing is even close to Klim. Yes, it's expensive but it works in all conditions. How many other jackets have these many features?

• GORE-TEX® 3-LAYER PRO SHELL
  • GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® 
  • HIGH STRENGTH FABRICS COMBINE IN A DURABLY BREATHABLE WATERPROOF JACKET 
  • HIGH-MOBILITY ACTIVE FIT PATTERNING FOR UNMATCHED COMFORT 
  • PRE-CURVED ARM AND RIDER POSITIONING CONSTRUCTION 
  • GORE-TEX® STRETCH SHOULDER PANELS MINIMIZE RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT 
  • D3O CE-RATED INTEGRATED LIMB AND BACK PANEL ARMOR SYSTEM [VIPER PRO LEVEL II BACK ARMOR} 
  • DOW CORP. SILICONIZED SPACER MESH FRONT CHEST ARMOR 
  • ADJUSTABLE ARMOR POCKETS FOR REFINED PLACEMENT 
  • HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT ARMACOR PANELS IN KEY IMPACT AND WEAR AREAS 
  • INTEGRATED JACKET-STABILIZING, REMOVABLE AND ADJUSTABLE KIDNEY BELT SUPPORT SYSTEM 
  • 7 EXTERNAL POCKETS [5 CARGO FRONT, 1 LARGE BACK, 1 SLEEVE I.D.} 
  • 4 INTERNAL POCKETS [2 ZIPPERED, 2 MESH STASH} 
  • 1 SECRET INTERNAL POCKET 
  • BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT 
  • JACKET-TO-PANT ZIPPER INTEGRATION SYSTEM 
  • 4 SLEEVE ADJUSTMENT STRAPS 
  • LINED COMFORT COLLAR 
  • MESH COMFORT LINER 
  • MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 8 PORTS 
  • 4 ARM INTAKES, 2 PIT INTAKES 
  • 2 VERTICAL BACK EXHAUSTS 
  • INDUSTRIAL GRADE 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE PANELS AND TRIM 
  • HYDRATION SYSTEM COMPATIBLE WITH BLADDER POCKET AND HOSE PORT ROUTING [bLADDER NOT INCLUDED} 
  • RUBBER COATED BUTTON CLOSURE 
  • YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT, WATER RESISTANT URETHANE COATED IN EXPOSED AREAS. 
  • VELCRO ADJUSTABLE WRIST CLOSURES

The Teiz Revolution does all of that except waterproofing and it is not only a women's suit, but each suit is fully custom fitted. My wife will never fit into a men's riding suit. Her shoulders and waist are too narrow, and hips way too wide. As another plus, the Revolution costs literally half of the Badlands Pro.

Honestly what your looking for is not going to work....

Buy a heated vest, good riding pants and jacket and a half decent set of rain/wind proof pants and jacket (something that folds up small)......put them on when needed and take off when need be.....

Slow speeds in heavy gear makes you sweat....

I found that SledGearUSA.com has some awesome deals on Klim stuff right now! Especially the womens Allure Parka - 200 grams of thinsulate to keep her warm, but not super thick like most winter jackets that makes it tough to move around. P/M me if you are going to buy something from them, I have something for you to help with cost.

Check it out!

http://www.sledgearusa.com/products/klim-allure-parka-2

If you are wanting MX gear, you can find some of that at motorsportsgearusa.com as well. Not just Klim stuff either.

I found that SledGearUSA.com has some awesome deals on Klim stuff right now! Especially the womens Allure Parka - 200 grams of thinsulate to keep her warm, but not super thick like most winter jackets that makes it tough to move around. P/M me if you are going to buy something from them, I have something for you to help with cost.

Check it out!

http://www.sledgearusa.com/products/klim-allure-parka-2

If you are wanting MX gear, you can find some of that at motorsportsgearusa.com as well. Not just Klim stuff either.

We already ordered the Teiz suit, but thanks for the offer.`