Sign in to follow this  

2013 350f exc issues?

I have had my 350 for a few months now and I am on this forum reading all this stuff. Haven't had any issues, maybe looking at gearing it different but I am just wondering why there are so many topics relating to the 500s. I can only imagine that there is a hell of a lot of 500s being purchased and not many 350s. Personally I love mine!

I have had my 350 for a few months now and I am on this forum reading all this stuff. Haven't had any issues, maybe looking at gearing it different but I am just wondering why there are so many topics relating to the 500s. I can only imagine that there is a hell of a lot of 500s being purchased and not many 350s. Personally I love mine!

There is nothing wrong with the 350.  I personally like having more low end torque which the 500 offers.  The 350 needs to be ridden a little harder (more RPM) to get to the power.  Hope that makes sense.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I have gathered that from reading many of these posts, but there just seems to be a lot of topics relating to the 500s and not many for the 350 which would indicate that there has not been as many issues with the 350 or they are not selling many and that is why there has not been much feedback on here. Thanks, Dean.

The bike is just awesome amigo. Best seller, bulletproof. Mine is! 2013 Excf 350 Six Days

We keep riding it, no time to talk about it :)

KTM STATS

KTM’s sales previously peaked at almost 100,000 motorcycles back in 2008.

Sales dropped to 64,000 units the following year, when the world was gripped by the GFC.

In 2013, KTM’s sales not only recovered, but posted new highs. The company now sells 107,000 units.

Of those 107,000 bikes, 60,000 are off-road models – made up of approximately 43,000 enduro models and 17,000 motocrossers.

KTM’s best-selling off-road model is the 350EXC-F, with worldwide sales of 5500 units annually.

Between 2011 and 2012, KTM’s market share rose from 5.4 to 7.3%. That compares with just a 2% market share as recently as 2006.

KTM is now the largest manufacturer in Europe, though BMW remains larger in turnover terms.

The bike is just awesome amigo. Best seller, bulletproof. Mine is! 2013 Excf 350 Six Days

We keep riding it, no time to talk about it :)

KTM STATS

KTM’s sales previously peaked at almost 100,000 motorcycles back in 2008.

Sales dropped to 64,000 units the following year, when the world was gripped by the GFC.

In 2013, KTM’s sales not only recovered, but posted new highs. The company now sells 107,000 units.

Of those 107,000 bikes, 60,000 are off-road models – made up of approximately 43,000 enduro models and 17,000 motocrossers.

KTM’s best-selling off-road model is the 350EXC-F, with worldwide sales of 5500 units annually.

Between 2011 and 2012, KTM’s market share rose from 5.4 to 7.3%. That compares with just a 2% market share as recently as 2006.

KTM is now the largest manufacturer in Europe, though BMW remains larger in turnover terms.

Danilopucci,

Thanks for the stats. I was beginning to wonder if i was the only one on this forum with a 350! I am a newbie to dirt bikes and love my new bike. Heaps of grunt and handles well. I did a heap of research on this bike prior to buying and I am glad I got it. I am about 170 lbs or 73 kgs and 5'7 and a bit. Haven't had it lowered but probably should have because it is a bit scary coming down steep rocky rutted descents especially with how it is geared 14/52. But I will get used to it.

Wait a while before lowering it, I'm just under 5'7", 160 lbs.  Once you get used to it, it's not too tall.  Just keep the feet on the pegs !  I've had my 2012 350EXC-F for just over a year now, also a newbie.  Really enjoying it !

Wait a while before lowering it, I'm just under 5'7", 160 lbs. Once you get used to it, it's not too tall. Just keep the feet on the pegs ! I've had my 2012 350EXC-F for just over a year now, also a newbie. Really enjoying it !

Thanks Two Shoes, just converted my 73 kgs to pounds. I am 160. I also find it a little awkward doing a u-turn on tight trails. I have dropped it a few times and feel like a goose when this happens ha ha. I did have the power parts low seat on but got a small tear in it so I chucked the standard seat back on. Just got to get more hours on the bike. Now up to 22 hours. Have you stuck with the standard gearing 14/52?

I will have my 500exc lowered. I'm 5'11 and it's still a tall bike, somewhat ridiculously tall.... Beside every bike in my garage it's a good few inches taller than some...

Danilopucci,

Thanks for the stats. I was beginning to wonder if i was the only one on this forum with a 350! I am a newbie to dirt bikes and love my new bike. Heaps of grunt and handles well. I did a heap of research on this bike prior to buying and I am glad I got it. I am about 170 lbs or 73 kgs and 5'7 and a bit. Haven't had it lowered but probably should have because it is a bit scary coming down steep rocky rutted descents especially with how it is geared 14/52. But I will get used to it.

The EXC is different around the world then it is in North America. The EXC across the pond is actually the XCW here....In North American the EXCs are designated as street legal. I'm highly skeptical that the 350s are out selling the 500s when it comes to EXCs in North America.

In Canada my '12 came with a 14-45 which was totally inadequate for woods around here (did make for a nice top speed though).  Now have 13 x 48 which is quite nice

Id have to agree with you, also many are buying thse bikes for street use, and the 500 is a better choice for street.

The EXC is different around the world then it is in North America. The EXC across the pond is actually the XCW here....In North American the EXCs are designated as street legal. I'm highly skeptical that the 350s are out selling the 500s when it comes to EXCs in North America.