So I hear the Chapparal Sale sucked...

Did you go?

Glad I didn't make the drive.

I heard the same.

It always sucks, unless you want a deal on Small gloves and Jerseys, or old Maxxis tires..........

They sell used tires ?

Bill you know any place selling Desert ITs for less than $80 ?   Anyone ? 

Paid %54 in Aoril...  can't get behind $80.

I don't want used tires...  but Bill said they had OLd Maxxis at the sale...  wasnt sure if he meant used...  or old stock.

I used to be able to find sales and buy several tires at once.

It always sucks. Jeff, since going to Dunlop MX71s, I haven't looked back. Wear is about the same as ITs but you don't get the chunking...and you fe better grip. I also ran Parkwr DTs for a little bit....better than Msxxis

I haven't heard anything good about Parkers till you.  I see them as a low price, poor perfomance tire.  What about MX71 pricing...  I can't imagine any Dunlop selling below $80.

I love Desert ITs for the rear only if I could find my Jeff price.

Parker DT 'version II' is a great desert tire. One of the best ever. Makes those silty hills at Spangler seem much easier.

It is pretty much not so hot for anything else. They last as long or longer than anything else.

The MX71 is my favorite tire, for single track, but they spin too much on silty hills and sand.

If you come to the SFV, you can get tires very inexpensively through Rider Support program at Phantom Worx MX.

I did not mean 'used' tires, I meant old stock, as in the knobs chunk off in one ride; that brand seems to have a short 'shelf life' and when the tires get old, they fall apart....

I talked to owner of a shop I know...  I guess unless some manufacturer decides to throw a major sale NO $55 tires are gonna appear. And as the season is just getting under way it won't be happening anytime soon I guess.  I blew it in Apr when I only bought 2 rears at $54.  Should have grabbed a stack..

Oh well... Bamanomics at work.

Edited by Jeff aka BOLT

Parker DR and the Desert IT are about the same performance wise for me. Finding a tire that holds up to desert abuse but still performs well us difficult

I have been running the Parker-DT's for the last 4 tire changes. I took a brand new tire out to JV when Matt and rode out there a few weeks ago. Holy shit, it wore the crap out of it. Ask Matt. Of course, we were playing around in the more rocky sections of JV.

I have taken a new Parker out to Searles and the El Paso's and it hasn't wore anywhere near that much. Funny though, the tire is multi directional and it was mounted for "hard" cause I forgot to tell them I wanted it for "intermediate" which is how I usually run them. The older design was much better in the softer stuff. It had more spacing between the center knobs and the center knobs were wider. Almost have you a paddle affect. When you looked at them, you would be surprised they were a DOT tire.

I have 3 rides on my Parker and I am replacing it. Either with the new Dunlop desert tire or go back to the tried and true Maxxis desert IT. The only reason I was running the Parker was to stay DOT as I was doing a few organized dual sport rides in the Summer and was being overly cautious.

Best price I have found in Maxxis is 79.99 at Motosport.  I run the smaller 110/100-18.  Few bucks more for the 120

It always sucks. Jeff, since going to Dunlop MX71s, I haven't looked back. Wear is about the same as ITs but you don't get the chunking...and you fe better grip. I also ran Parkwr DTs for a little bit....better than Msxxis

Are the mx71's or desert it's dot? 

Are you using them front and rear for dez and st?

I've only been using d606, I'm not sure how that compares to all the others.

Are the mx71's or desert it's dot? 

Are you using them front and rear for dez and st?

I've only been using d606, I'm not sure how that compares to all the others.

D606 is in there.  Only Parker is DOT of all these.  I only run Washougal stickies on the front.  Maxxis and Parker are known to be lousy front tires.  Hard Carcass anti pinch tires do not generally make good turners. 

D606 is in there.  Only Parker is DOT of all these.  I only run Washougal stickies on the front.  Maxxis and Parker are known to be lousy front tires.  Hard Carcass anti pinch tires do not generally make good turners.

The one front I did like that is DOT was the Pirelli Scorpion XCMH.

Edit - what oil do you like? I like Shell Rotella from Wally World :-)

Yup...  have gallons of it in the generator room.  Non synthetic of course.

So what about IRC rear's?

Yamalube semi-synthetic for bike.

I am in Havasu, running the new Dunlop AT81 with the Tubliss at 1 psi, OMG!!!!  However the AT81 only comes in an 18" flavor for rears, no 19".

I will never run anything else!  Best rear tire I have EVER run, not kidding.  This is on my YZ295/WR.

I also have a rear tubliss in a 19" for my CRF450, with a brnad new MX71 that I already had and that is where I really have traction problems so it should be really nice on that bike, cant wait to try that one out too!!

There are a couple of nasty rutted hillclimbs that are very difficult, and last time I tried this hill it was a fail 2x in a row, I went back yesterday, the trail was totally blown out and rutted with big and small loose boulders, climbed right up with no problem in complete amazement. 

The Dunlop AT81 and tubliss is the best thing I have ever run in the rear ever, and I am not exaggerating in the slightest but, traction of a trials tire yet still turns like a motocross tire and you wont get flats....amazing.

For anyone that may not believe me, try it and I assure you you wont run anything else either.

Now I am running a TuBliss front and rear, MX71 front (because I had a new one MX71 so I havent tried the AT81 front yet, but will once it wears)

I run 1-2 psi in the rear and 6psi in the front...the bike feels like its on rails and way more predictable with traction in places I would never had expected it.

For those who have never tried a TuBliss, try one!!!!  You will never want to run a tube again!

We will see how they hold up, thats what really matters, I had the old ones a few years ago and they failed, what I have now is a new design and has a stronger carcass.  So far I love it!!  Feels better that a bib mousse since it has more rebound like a normal tube, but doesnt break down like a bib does.

Just an FYI..