Sign in to follow this  

New Toy

This is a 2014 Honda GROM. This little bike is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. After riding around on the GROM the CRF feels like a full dressed touring bike.

IMG_0711_zps1993565c.jpg

now some beauty shots of the grom

IMG_0705_zpsc2bb61f4.jpg

IMG_0706_zpsdc0a6823.jpg

without the bug antenna style mirrors. One bar end

IMG_0707_zps84d38e6a.jpg

Instruments very similar to the CRF

IMG_0709_zps7a863b92.jpg

• Like 2

WOW neat toy --how fast?? I wish the crf had that dash --Ok How much too? :thumbsup::ride::thumbsup:

Top speed (for me 6'2" 215lbs) on flat ground with no wind is 57 mph. Looses a little up hill. With a tail wind I've see 70. That's pretty fast on something that small on 12" rims. Honda MSRP is $2999

• Like 1

That's a very cool toy.

A bit on the pricey side for what it is, but very cool.

I would really, really like to try one.

P.S.

'Grom' is a word for 'Thunder' in many Slavic languages.

Edited by Balkan boy
  • Like 4

Have you seen the videos of them racing in Thailand?  They are fun!  They just look so good!  

I see you've done the tail light and the exhaust already. 

damn, it has a better-looking fuel cap than the CRF-L. 

• Like 1

What is the insurance on that I have been looking at these little toys

I dropped the CRF to liability and put full coverage on the grom for a difference of $48 a year

A few guys I know have the Grom and want to start a "grom prix" with fellow grom riders. They are super fun little bikes but my CRF is the only one in my stable as of now. Good luck with it.

• Like 3

This is a 2014 Honda GROM. This little bike is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. After riding around on the GROM the CRF feels like a full dressed touring bike.

IMG_0711_zps1993565c.jpg

now some beauty shots of the grom

IMG_0705_zpsc2bb61f4.jpg
IMG_0706_zpsdc0a6823.jpg

without the bug antenna style mirrors. One bar end

IMG_0707_zps84d38e6a.jpg

Instruments very similar to the CRF

IMG_0709_zps7a863b92.jpg

My question now is, why doesnt the CRF250L have an instrument cluster like the gtom? I mean a Tach???

Gimme a break,!

• Like 3

I added the works tach to my L but the grom has a much better tach in my book--sure looks like fun--this site is going to get me divorced YET!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

• Like 2

Im sure the clusters are switchable, but need the rpm sensor, still, Honda, you do so many incongruous things!

But I like my Koso tach/temp gauge

• Like 1

because, usually, offroad bikes do not.  KDX, WR... as per enduro bikes like those, they have speedo and tripmeter, for enduros, AC headlight and tail light, but not street legal.  Basically since trail bikes like back in the day, Yamaha DT and CT and so on, and Honda XT, had rev counters, then when it became enduros instead, no rev counter.

BTW, asked the shop guys here and they say they are not interchangeable, the plug in clips do not match, or so they say!!! Never take the word of a Thai mechanic!!!

The tach, my first concern would be does it fit the CRF, behind the headight mask, different bracket stuff. 
The connector, they might be right but if it is only the clip, you could swap the connectors. Cut and splice. 
You can get the connectors from eastern beaver, no problem. 

The CBR has a tach, probably the same instrument panel, different housing. Same motor, i suppose the pickup is in the stator housing, wire coming up with the stator wires. 

• Like 1

Has anyone checked to see if the CBR wiring harness has the same part # as the CRF .... I know in the wonderful world of Ford parts .... Most cars are already wired for fog lights etc .... just the plugs are not used on a car without fog lights ... but they are there. Sometimes you just need a jumper harness wich is on the car with said parts. 

personally I do not see a need for a tach but if you want one ... I would check into this. 

It would make sense for cost cutting in production. 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1