Riding Nemadji in Oct?

Minnesota

I'm 46 and wondering if there are any guys around my age going to ride Nemadji one last ride in Oct before the snow flys if the weather is decent one day. I've never been there but would like to check it out so riding with someone who knows their way around would be great.

Jay

Edited by jcm2112

Well I'm 38 and was planning on heading up to nemadji Or Paul Bunyan Oct 16th ....

16th hey, wish I could get out of work but no chance. I can pull off a Friday but can't go during the week.

Edited by jcm2112

Never been myself either.  Thinking about heading up late November after the deer season, assuming there isn't a foot of snow on the ground.  Have a few other rides planned so no time until then.  

I'd be in for a post deer season run... Always wanted to fall on the leaves

:-)

I'm 46 and wondering if there are any guys around my age going to ride Nemadji one last ride in Oct before the snow flys if the weather is decent one day. I've never been there but would like to check it out so riding with someone who knows their way around would be great.

Jay

P.M. sent...

Is this possible ride limited to people in their 40's? How about a 27 year old with the hairline of the 40 year old? I have only ridden Nemadji once, and would love to try it again.

Just remember, what I lack in age and experience I make up for in male pattern baldness.

HA! Good one!

My problem with weekend rides are family obligations....

I always have comp time at work so taking a day off during the week is cake for me....

Hence most of my midweek posts for rides! 

Again I'm still planning on an Oct 16th ride in either Nemadji or PB...  even if i'm riding solo..... I think it's a 100% i'll be there :D

Is this possible ride limited to people in their 40's? How about a 27 year old with the hairline of the 40 year old? I have only ridden Nemadji once, and would love to try it again.

Just remember, what I lack in age and experience I make up for in male pattern baldness.

Not limited for me (39yrs), but my 12 yr old son would be coming along so it would be more of a cruise than really getting after it for us. He can ride all but the gnarliest stuff (due to bike size, crf80) albeit at a slower speed. I will find out this week if we can get up there or else we are headed to Appleton Sat. 10/12 as it is only 1.5 hrs from me (and Pete... EV wassup!) as I am in Litchfield.

No not at all I'm just not looking to kill myself. I'm still a hurti'n unit from a good spill a couple weeks ago. Just looking to take it easy and check the place out.

Alright, I just talked to my accountant and she signed off on the gas money to get up there. Barring terrible weather we are gonna ride Sat. 10/12 0900?. Should be real pretty and 55-60 degrees will be about perfect. We'll be in a white 1999 Dodge Ram with two Honda's in the back so feel free to say hey. If anyone wants to meet up just pick yer staging area. I was thinking of the Southeast one off Harlis Road by trail marker 521-406. I have yet to get up to the North loop, we always seem to run out of time so I plan on hitting some of that with the boy. I heard it wasn't to crazy on the East side.

The trails up in the NorthEast are some of the best in MN IMO.

BTW the SAER are having a club ride at Nemadji on the 13th.

That reminds me... I need to get rolling on being a saer member!

I'm planning to go to Nemadji the Friday after Thanksgiving, keep your calenders clear. 

-B- if you are planning on doing the SingleTrack in the Northeast corner, it is a very long section and can be done at a leisurely pace.  A CRF80 will be fine.  Double caution, make sure you bring plenty of water and a sandwich or something to eat in a backpack.  At a beginners pace it could take a couple hours to get to the parking lot (half way).  A couple hours of intense fun!

I'm planning to go to Nemadji the Friday after Thanksgiving, keep your calenders clear. 

but but but I wanna go shopping!!!  

Tentatively count me in for this.  You going to go up Thurs night and camp?  

That reminds me... I need to get rolling on being a saer member!

Me too.  Let me know if what route you're taking to do so.  I just sent them an email.

-B- if you are planning on doing the SingleTrack in the Northeast corner, it is a very long section and can be done at a leisurely pace.  A CRF80 will be fine.  Double caution, make sure you bring plenty of water and a sandwich or something to eat in a backpack.  At a beginners pace it could take a couple hours to get to the parking lot (half way).  A couple hours of intense fun!

Thanks. Camelbaks full of water, beersticks and sharp cheddar... that's how we roll... BTW, my son catches me posting on here occasionally and the first thing he said when I mentioned maybe we'll run into a fellow TT'er this weekend was, and I quote...

" Is Toadl gonna be there?"

I'll bet chicks dig the name too!

10/12 is no good for me... I'll be trying to lower the ditch parrot population. :)

I will be riding on Thursday 10/10.  Looks like I will be going alone as of now. Haven't decided on Nemadji or St. Criox yet.

I'll be on a KDX or KLX400.  Flag me down if you see me.

Hopefully age doesn't matter too much, I probably got a few years on most of you.  Been riding for over 40 years.

Hmmmmm 10/10 .....

I might be able to swing that! ;-)

Age is of no matter to me... I get passed by 12-70 year olds consistently. I'm used to it :)