Needing a new bottom end. Any reason I shouldn't go with this

This is the best price I've found so far.

I've got play in the crank bearings (can grab the flywheel and feel it)

So I'm pretty confident on what's wrong.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=200929201223&globalID=EBAY-US

I'm going to pull the motor out today and start to tear it down before I start spending money just to make sure.

I've never done a bottom end before so figured I'd ask some input before I spend money

I have never had a problem with the hotrod cranks. they are good products.,

Hotrods makes some good cranks second best to OEM stuff IMO. Just avoid Wiseco like the plague when it comes to bottom ends and you should be safe.

Thanks.

+2 for Hot Rods

Hotrods makes some good cranks second best to OEM stuff IMO. Just avoid Wiseco like the plague when it comes to bottom ends and you should be safe.

What's the problem with Wiseco bottom ends?

Here is one that was just pulled from a 2001 KX250. I am thinking the runout and clearance issue with the cases must have caused the stuffer to heat up to the point it started melting and disintegrated itself. On the same side as the missing stuffer it also had a missing thrust washer.  If anyone does buy a wiseco I would sure have it looked at by a good machinist before you install it. 

IMG_20131006_182941_428_zps97b9b0e2.jpg

notorious for F A I L U R E 

can't say on the 2 stroke, but I have seen a few hot rods failures on 4 stroke. I only go OEM or Carillio rods stock pin and bearing

I just got my OEM crank today....and wow it is from a 2001 and it is in amazing/like new condition. The stuffers on this OEM are much different looking/feeling plastic material than were on the wiseco.

I am happy I was able to find one at a very good price. 

OEM stuffers aren't plastic. They are metal.

OEM stuffers aren't plastic. They are metal.

lol I had only fondled it for an instant when I made the post... so that makes more sense... :lol: