K&N prefilter Ideas!?!

So I bought a K&N and I'm finding out from everyone on here that its a bad idea for off road. I don't wanna trash it and buy a uni so any ideas???? :ph34r:

So I bought a K&N and I'm finding out from everyone on here that its a bad idea for off road. I don't wanna trash it and buy a uni so any ideas???? :ph34r:

K&N has a Pre-filter wrap for your filter I would think. If not try Outerwears & see if they have a pre-filter for your unit. I use the Outerwears on all my K&N quad filters.

Go buy a regular foam filter or you will find out it will cost you far more for valves, guides and piston.

Go buy a regular foam filter or you will find out it will cost you far more for valves, guides and piston.

I know what I should do. But I spent 50 bucks on the dang thing....

An old pair of the wife or girlfriends nylon stockings work in a pinch.

An old pair of the wife or girlfriends nylon stockings work in a pinch.

That seems like a decent idea. Hmmm

Some people like K&N. Many don't. I think the key is to use their filter oil.

You can sell it to someone that supermotoed their XR400

See the FAQ for a pre filter for the airbox. I run one for my UniFilter.

Edited by Kev_XR

Some people like K&N. Many don't. I think the key is to use their filter oil.

You can sell it to someone that supermotoed their XR400

See the FAQ for a pre filter for the airbox. I run one for my UniFilter.

Yeah I agree the oil is the main thing that stops dirt particles. I will get a uni soon I guess. I'm tired of tearing down my 21 year old motor. Haha.

Kn filter oil,on Kn filter.Passes dirt,Anybody that thinks this works.Has not rode in the dirt,or looked in carb.BTR

Kn filter oil,on Kn filter.Passes dirt,Anybody that thinks this works.Has not rode in the dirt,or looked in carb.BTR

Yup!  It's pretty enlightening for a person to remove the carb, and see that its bore is covered in dirt.  :)

Use an UNI filter.  A Twin Air is also good, but I don't believe you can buy one that comes with the cage.

Good Luck!

All Uni Filters for Xr200-250-400-600-650 come with cage.BTR