New 2014 Husky's Announced (post KTM acquisition)

I thought I would start a new thread for the new 2014 KTM-owned Husky launch and bikes.  The previous thread has been there since March and has over 60 pages, 58 of which are speculation and gossip.  

Now we've got the new bikes to look at.   Here's an article on them, the first one I've seen: 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1343-first-look-%E2%80%93-2014-husqvarna-models

2a730b965606ef441dc0754edc28d85b_L.jpg

So Husky is back, but the bikes are rebadged KTM's, probably with a number of small changes. 

KTM also has the Husaberg brand as re-badged KTM's, so in 2014 at least you can buy what is essentially the same bike and get it branded as a KTM in Orange,  Husaberg in blue & yellow or Husky in blue and white.    We do have a lot more choices of color in our KTMs!  

It seems likely that the Husagerg line will be dropped now that the (much better known, historic) Husky brand is here to fill the same role. 

From a business standpoint this seems to imply that KTM thinks there is a lot of room for new dealerships, and new Husky dealers will be coming soon. 

The KTM's are great bikes, the Italian Husky's were long in the tooth, and the graphics look really nice, so it's probably a smart move to keep the brand alive, give buyers a little more choice, and help KTM gain share.    My next bike was probably going to be a KTM, now I'd be just as happy to buy a blue one if they are available here.  (Even KTMs don't have many dealers in my area). 

Edited by woz

Here is how KTM's three brands are positioned today: 

• KTM:   motocross, enduro, dual-sports, adventure bikes, super-motards and pure sportbikes.    KTM is multi-segment, like Honda. 
  • Husky:  competition motocross and enduro bikes
  • Husaberg:  "pure enduro"

I  wonder if KTM will continue with the Husaberg lineup. It seems like it was a test for the concept, and may be ended now that the more well-known Husky brand is here to do the same thing. 

At least they got the badge's right for their badge engineering effort! 

husqvarna_enduro_2014_4CM2523-1080.jpg

And the color scheme is really nice, love the white frames, far nicer than the silver/gray on the Husaberg line-up. 

The full line up: 

Two Stroke Motocross: 
TC 85

TC 125
TC 250 

Four Stroke Motocross: 
FC 250 
FC 350 
FC 450

Two Stroke Enduro    
(For those wondering which KTM these are more similar to: these seem more like the KTM "XC" models than the "XC-W" models, as they have linkages.   For 2014 the Husaberg's are the "blue" versions of the "XC-W" models) 

TE 125
TE 250
TE 300

Four Stroke Enduro
FE 250
FE 350 
FE 450
FE 501

One of the new Enduro bikes. 

husqvarna_125_enduro_2014_4CM2691-1080.j

Edited by woz

They are good looking bikes.

The two strokes in those colors are amazing. Love it. Four strokes too. Looks like no DS.

I might have to get the 450/500 and plate the thing.

are they plastic subframe?

It's a polyamide nylon composite subframe,check out transworld motocross or mxa's website on the 2014 Husqvarna's...

Edited by motox517

Beautiful looking bikes. I'd go for one of these over the orange ones.

I thought I would start a new thread for the new 2014 KTM-owned Husky launch and bikes.  The previous thread has been there since March and has over 60 pages, 58 of which are speculation and gossip.  

Now we've got the new bikes to look at.   Here's an article on them, the first one I've seen: 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1343-first-look-%E2%80%93-2014-husqvarna-models

2a730b965606ef441dc0754edc28d85b_L.jpg

So Husky is back, but the bikes are rebadged KTM's, probably with a number of small changes. 

KTM also has the Husaberg brand as re-badged KTM's, so in 2014 at least you can buy what is essentially the same bike and get it branded as a KTM in Orange,  Husaberg in blue & yellow or Husky in blue and white.    We do have a lot more choices of color in our KTMs!  

It seems likely that the Husagerg line will be dropped now that the (much better known, historic) Husky brand is here to fill the same role. 

From a business standpoint this seems to imply that KTM thinks there is a lot of room for new dealerships, and new Husky dealers will be coming soon. 

The KTM's are great bikes, the Italian Husky's were long in the tooth, and the graphics look really nice, so it's probably a smart move to keep the brand alive, give buyers a little more choice, and help KTM gain share.    My next bike was probably going to be a KTM, now I'd be just as happy to buy a blue one if they are available here.  (Even KTMs don't have many dealers in my area). 

I think you meant to say buyers have a little less choice. Husaberg originality is gone, Husqvarna originality is gone. There are however more color and decal choices for ktms.

white frame and yellow accents reminds of my '83 xc500

Amazing how much better and different the Husky website looks now that the 2014s have been announced.

I'd take a 2014 in a heartbeat. The white, Swedish blue, and yellow is a gorgeous combo.

I'd buy these just cause there not orange

white frame and yellow accents reminds of my '83 xc500

The color could be 83 or 93

Interesting to see DID Dirt Star rims and not the typical Excels like KTMs.  Really great looking bikes overall.

the  white plastic  is gonna  look  like  crap real  quick.    tradition   in mind they should have kept  the  italian  red  and  black,  a  closer  look  to  60's  and  70's  husky's...  IMHO

the white plastic is gonna look like crap real quick. tradition in mind they should have kept the italian red and black, a closer look to 60's and 70's husky's... IMHO

Husqvarna used white plastic from 1984 to 1996... It was always easy to keep clean.

White doesn't show scratches and is easy to buff out.

Color shows all the scratches and stress bends.

The new white Husqvarnas are very nice.

Has 2014 pricing been released yet?

NC