XR350 Pistons

I'm just changing my rings for the first time after 25 years and am wandering if updating the piston to 10 or 10.5:1 is something that would make the bike feel very much faster or not? The compression was only about half what it was supposed to be so I am sure it will seem a lot quicker anyway. Also how much hotter will it run? Thanks

I'm just changing my rings for the first time after 25 years and am wandering if updating the piston to 10 or 10.5:1 is something that would make the bike feel very much faster or not? The compression was only about half what it was supposed to be so I am sure it will seem a lot quicker anyway. Also how much hotter will it run? Thanks

With other normal breathing upgrades, it makes a very noticable difference. More snap and quicker to rev it seems.  I love it and wouldn't do a rebuild without upping it to exactly there (no higher).

Could kick myself for not having MY 350 setup that way, but when I had it built 4 years ago I didn't know.

(any XR) Runs fine on pump gas (premium) and really wakes up the bike.  Bike does't end up at that compresson anyway, more like 9.xx but keeps it from being under 9ish like stock.  

Pumper carb would do much the same. 

Do both for the best of both worlds.   ;)

Edited by MindBlower