Sign in to follow this  

What tire combo should I run on my 250?

Winter is coming! Which means, fortunately for me, rebuilds and new parts are on the way. One of those being new tires! My riding is in sand, mud, and a mixture of soft, medium and hard-packed dirt. I'm looking at MX51 tires, but people really dislike the MX51 for front. What kind of tires do the KX250 riders use on here? Not too expensive, either.

Edited by lethalweapon100

I run Bridgestone m403, m404 combo. I ride trails only and do not like them. They wash out to easy in the soft stuff. I'm sure for a decent mx track, they would do fine. I'll be changing up to a more off road tire combo when these wear out. Which, by the way, wear like iron for an intermediate tire.

I have found the Pirelli MXMS to be best on  the back of the two KX's I had and whatever else up front. 

I have run so many tire brands throughout the last few years. Eventually I started sticking with a Michelin M12 front and S12 rear. I ran this combo on most terrain for awhile, then I bought a Goldentyre 232 Rear tire on my way to a race and ran it, after that I was sold. I emailed the Rep of the tires here right after to apply for sponsorship, and have been running the 232 rear and 213 front pretty much exclusively since. I have tried a few other models of them but this is my favourite combo. The 216 front seems to be more popular but I prefer the 213, can't believe how fast and hard I can push it in the turns. 

I'm a privateer racer and not getting them for free by any means, I get no better deal on them then I did on michelins. But to me they are worth it. Another thing I do is practice on rear tires that are destroyed. Helps me be precise to find traction and save a few bucks. The 232 seams to hook up even when there's barley any knobs left.

981690_10152850523270062_1630643767_o.jp

I run a pirelli mx32 front and irc ve-33 rear. The pirelli front looks identical to the golden tire front posted above.

I bought a Sedona for the rear awhile back.

So far I'm happy with it.

Been in mud, hard dirt, rocks, and sand with it and I dont have any complaints.

For the price and type of riding I do I'll buy another.

Winter is coming! Which means, fortunately for me, rebuilds and new parts are on the way. One of those being new tires! My riding is in sand, mud, and a mixture of soft, medium and hard-packed dirt. I'm looking at MX51 tires, but people really dislike the MX51 for front. What kind of tires do the KX250 riders use on here? Not too expensive, either.

I run the latest Dunlop MX51 front. Excellent all around tire. Also ran a Bridgestone 403 which was great too.

The price is not bad on both and the regular venders can give you a good price if you buy two at the same time. For the rear I run a Maxxis Int. Recommend both.