Sign in to follow this  

2011 Gas Gas EC 200 Clutch Sqwak/ Squeek

Today while riding i heard a sqwak or squeek when i fan the clutch in first gear during certain slow speed situations. Is this a bad thing, or is this a commonality of gas gas two strokes?

Today while riding i heard a sqwak or squeek when i fan the clutch in first gear during certain slow speed situations. Is this a bad thing, or is this a commonality of gas gas two strokes?

thats a problem with most if not all GasGas bikes from around that time frame. if you want the best fix but a new clutch basket and go with honda clutch discs.

you can try drilling holes in your basket to increase oil flow and that will help a lot, but after three of those bikes the only was i ever totally resolved the problem was to replace the clutch basket.

• Like 1

thats a problem with most if not all GasGas bikes from around that time frame. if you want the best fix but a new clutch basket and go with honda clutch discs.

you can try drilling holes in your basket to increase oil flow and that will help a lot, but after three of those bikes the only was i ever totally resolved the problem was to replace the clutch basket.

Thanks, any recommendations on brands?

Thanks, any recommendations on brands?

i would check with Rekluse, if they dont have one in stock you might try a Wiseco or barnett. they are all pretty good.

• Like 1

Clutch baskets in GasGas models can be thin due to crappy quality control. The squaking is the clutch is the basket vibrating. Rekluse makes a good basket as does Hinson...

• Like 1

I drilled mine and it helped a lot. Still not as bullet-proof as the earlier versions.