2011 Gas Gas EC 200 Clutch Sqwak/ Squeek

Today while riding i heard a sqwak or squeek when i fan the clutch in first gear during certain slow speed situations. Is this a bad thing, or is this a commonality of gas gas two strokes?

Today while riding i heard a sqwak or squeek when i fan the clutch in first gear during certain slow speed situations. Is this a bad thing, or is this a commonality of gas gas two strokes?

thats a problem with most if not all GasGas bikes from around that time frame. if you want the best fix but a new clutch basket and go with honda clutch discs.

you can try drilling holes in your basket to increase oil flow and that will help a lot, but after three of those bikes the only was i ever totally resolved the problem was to replace the clutch basket.

thats a problem with most if not all GasGas bikes from around that time frame. if you want the best fix but a new clutch basket and go with honda clutch discs.

you can try drilling holes in your basket to increase oil flow and that will help a lot, but after three of those bikes the only was i ever totally resolved the problem was to replace the clutch basket.

Thanks, any recommendations on brands?

Thanks, any recommendations on brands?

i would check with Rekluse, if they dont have one in stock you might try a Wiseco or barnett. they are all pretty good.

Clutch baskets in GasGas models can be thin due to crappy quality control. The squaking is the clutch is the basket vibrating. Rekluse makes a good basket as does Hinson...

+1 on the Rekluse. My entire clutch is Rekluse now(besides the fiber plates). The "squack" never bothered me, but I found good deals on the Rekluse parts.

I drilled mine and it helped a lot. Still not as bullet-proof as the earlier versions.

A Rekluse clutch basket will fix your problem. It's the week link. The rest of the clutch is fine.