Esr to make new cr big bore kits

I emailed eddie sanders racing and enquired about a big bore for the cr like they do for the yz now. I mainly want more of a big bore power for the dunes not ao much hp more of a torque thing I also love the ergos of my 03. So the response ESR sent was we will be making a kit for the 1992-2001 as well as a kit for the 2002-2007. I think its pretty awesome another company is making parts for our discontinued bikes. Thought I would share in my excitement.

• 1 month later...

I just spoke to ESR. They have made some progress on the kit but have to get back to the tooling. There is no timeline set and I was advised to check back at a later date. I am sure this process takes a lot of time to do right and then test and get everything right so I works good and is reliable. I will check back in the spring. I really believe the case reed engine would shine with a big bore kit.

I mentioned this earlier this year in a thread.I would think another 9-12 months.I have an 06 with evrything but the motor rebuilt waiting for this kit. :ride:

Yes you did mention it and thanks. Just like others I was curious and wanted to know if any progress had been made. They had made some progress it sounded like and I know it takes a while when you are a small business that has other things they work on year round. The good news is we are still interested and I think its a perfect setup for the csse reed. The extrs cc's with our big case volume should produce a great engine that I am hoping has cr500 type of power with the smoothness of the 250.

Yes you did mention it and thanks. Just like others I was curious and wanted to know if any progress had been made. They had made some progress it sounded like and I know it takes a while when you are a small business that has other things they work on year round. The good news is we are still interested and I think its a perfect setup for the csse reed. The extrs cc's with our big case volume should produce a great engine that I am hoping has cr500 type of power with the smoothness of the 250.

223,thanks for following up with them.I planned to contact Eddie after the new year.The more guys that call and show interest the better. ?

• 5 weeks later...

Says mid year for all the kits on the site now.

Cool! I am in the same boat with my 02. suspension and everything is built on it, airstryker carb but I just haven't touched the motor that much (other then shave a little off the head to bump compression). my dad has a Service honda 2001 500af, while that bike is awesome I just feel more comfortable on my 02. I think a 300-400 kit would be perfect for our "old school" third gens, and I would most definatly be pinching pennies to get my hands on one ( and maybe even a APT carb haha)

I gave up waiting for these a while back. Didn't the 300 kit fall through? Ended up buying all the crap for my bike and I'm sending the motor off to Dan Crower for a new bottom end and motor work. If they ever come out with a solid 300 (or was it the 400 using the Polaris jugs?) I'll make the 06 a big bore.

Subtexel,that was EG that was using the Polaris jug.ESR already has this kit available for the YZ.CR's are definitely in the works.

Sweet, I've been out of the forums for a while and I know Eric Gorr went into business with someone else or whatever so I mistakenly thought that was him. I'm gonna have to look @ these kits real quick. 

Sweet, I've been out of the forums for a while and I know Eric Gorr went into business with someone else or whatever so I mistakenly thought that was him. I'm gonna have to look @ these kits real quick. 

Yes,look for sure.I thought you kind of gave up on the cr's after the KTM purchase?Glad to see you didn't.

Eric merged his shop over to millenium tech's HQ if i recall, and that 400cc jug he was working on was an idea for one of his ice racing customers. he did a great job on my KX cylinders, so i hope he decides to continue that big bore project down the road. the ESR kits sounds really promising though!

What kind of work are you doing to your bottom end? I was thinking about lining up ideas for a 05-07 crank when I eventually go through mine.