NEW HUSQVARNA WEBSITE IS LIVE (WHITE HUSQVARNAS)

WOW , that 1903 bike was VERY futuristic..!!,

no wonder husqvarna did so well until 2007,

I DO like the Traditional coloursheme, ( NOT yellow fork shrouds - should be WHITE)

BUT just TOO KTM in design of Mechanics,

Husky GOLD casing look fits well though,

Charlie

Might as well be looking at an orange KTM. Doesn't look like anything from the Husky R&D carried over. Nice looking and very capable bikes but very disappointing from a Husky stand point. All the 2strks needed was a 6th gear/electric start but then it would have been a better bike than KTM so I can see why that didn't happen. Not trying to slap KTM down but both Husaberg and Husqvarna have "had" good ideas on some of their bikes that they should have carried over.

• Like 1

Might as well be looking at an orange KTM. Doesn't look like anything from the Husky R&D carried over. Nice looking and very capable bikes but very disappointing from a Husky stand point. All the 2strks needed was a 6th gear/electric start but then it would have been a better bike than KTM so I can see why that didn't happen. Not trying to slap KTM down but both Husaberg and Husqvarna have "had" good ideas on some of their bikes that they should have carried over.

You do know the Italian 2013 Husqvarna WR250 and 300 was based on a motorcycle and engine that hasn't changed much since 1986 when it was introduced as the Cagiva WMX250... 

DSC01600_1_303699.jpg

I'm sorry but as much as people liked the old Husqvarna WR250 and 300 engine it was based on a 25 year old motor that was way out of date. 

You do know the Italian 2013 Husqvarna WR250 and 300 was based on a motorcycle and engine that hasn't changed much since 1986 when it was introduced as the Cagiva WMX250... 

DSC01600_1_303699.jpg

I'm sorry but as much as people liked the old Husqvarna WR250 and 300 engine it was based on a 25 year old motor that was way out of date. 

Point was they should have refined the tried and true one they had vs just tossing in a KTM motor and calling it a Husky. That motor may be based on a 25 year old motor and was probably last updated in 99' but by todays standard is still competitive and IMO a better motor than what's in the KTM. What they should have done was swapped out the tranny for a true wide ratio and added a 6-speed. I'm sure Husky already had a new (refined) motor anyway just KTM opted to not to use it. The Husky motor was strong up top, grunting down low, never had an issue of puking its guts out at the top of a nasty hill requiring a fan and doesn't need its power valve pin welded before you ride it. They should have stayed with the Kayaba suspension and added an electric start. The Husky's may not have been up to par on a advancement level like the KTM's but what they had made them work. I've owned a KTM and rode several others and can say other than what I mentioned above, the Husky is "was" a better bike.

• Like 1

They are definitely nice looking bikes. I like how they kept the spot open under the back of the seat to grab hold of, have used that a few times. The 4strks will probably get a little more attention now with KTM design I'm assuming.

Point was they should have refined the tried and true one they had vs just tossing in a KTM motor and calling it a Husky. That motor may be based on a 25 year old motor and was probably last updated in 99' but by todays standard is still competitive and IMO a better motor than what's in the KTM. What they should have done was swapped out the tranny for a true wide ratio and added a 6-speed. I'm sure Husky already had a new (refined) motor anyway just KTM opted to not to use it. The Husky motor was strong up top, grunting down low, never had an issue of puking its guts out at the top of a nasty hill requiring a fan and doesn't need its power valve pin welded before you ride it. They should have stayed with the Kayaba suspension and added an electric start. The Husky's may not have been up to par on a advancement level like the KTM's but what they had made them work. I've owned a KTM and rode several others and can say other than what I mentioned above, the Husky is "was" a better bike.

Just so you know Cagiva/Husqvarna had a NEW 2-stroke 250-300 motor ready to go in 1997 but ran out of money and almost went bankrupt... that's when Cagiva sold off the Ducati brand to the Texas Pacific Group (TPG) so to raise money and keep Cagiva, Husqvarna and new Cagiva start-up MV Agusta afloat.

Then in 2002 Cagiva/Husqvarna was going to release that same new 1997 2-stroke 250-300 motor, but the factory got flooded and  Cagiva ran out of money which put them into bankruptcy and  this time Proton of Malaysia bought Cagiva.

Then in 2006 Proton in Malaysia almost went bankrupt and they sold Cagiva/Husqvarna off to the Givi investment group in Italy... who ended up selling Husqvana to BMW in 2007 when Givi Group sold MV Agusta to Harley Davidson.

Rumor had it that BMW took that Cagiva/Husqvarna 250-300 motor and wanted to add EFI to it so they could make it street legal and  turn it into a street legal dual sport bike which again delayed production of the NOT SO NEW 250-300 motor... BMW business plan was to turn Husqvarna into a street bike company, but that all changed in 2012 when BMW decided to just pull the plug on Husqvarna Motorcycles altogether, but in a last minute internal discussion a plan was hatched to sell Husqvarna to KTM so BMW wouldn't get the Negative Public Relations for killing off the Husqvarna motorcycle brand in Italy.  

Point is Cagiva/Husqvarna and BMW/Husqvarna was just a rolling train wreck that happened over and over again.

Or to quote Albert Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Edited by HuskyRips

And now Husqvarnas are just white KTMs... true story.

Sell your Italian Husqvarna while it's still worth something.

The New Austrian built Husqvarnas are light years ahead in technology and aftermarket support than the Italian Huskys.

Just sayen it like it is my friend.

• Like 1

The New Austrian built Husqvarnas are light years ahead in technology and aftermarket support than the Italian Huskys.

Not spending $10gs on a white KTM/Husky. I'll go back to Honda.

- As soon as I heard KTM was buying them I sold mine. Not because of KTM, just didn't want to deal with possible headaches down the road with parts etc.

- The point is they are not an Austrian version of a Husky, they are a white KTM. Just saying it like it is.......

- As soon as I heard KTM was buying them I sold mine. Not because of KTM, just didn't want to deal with possible headaches down the road with parts etc.

- The point is they are not an Austrian version of a Husky, they are a white KTM. Just saying it like it is.......

Yes and No.... KTM only had 6 months to deliver and it would have been kind of stupid continuing with the dated Italian Husqvarna designs.

KTM made a business decision just like Cagiva did in 1987 when they killed off the Swedish Husqvarna 2-strokes and made their RED Cagiva WMX250 and  RED Cagiva WMX125 motocrossers into white Husqvarnas with Husqvarna decals on them which the 250 and 300 are pretty much the same Cagiva bike as the  Red WMX some 26 years later.

BMW did the same thing when they bought Husqvarna in 2007 and killed off the Italian Cagiva/Husqvarna TE/TXC/TC 450 and 510 so rebrand their FAILED BMW 450X as the Husqvarna TE/TXC449 and 511.  

Point is it happens and the brand will move on... in two years no one will really care and 1/3 of the bikes out in the woods will be white Husqvarnas.

Just speaking the truth.

Not spending $10gs on a white KTM/Husky. I'll go back to Honda.

And four wheels.

Edited by HuskyRips