DRZ-SK Help !

Help,

I am in the UK and have an SK model which has been converted to Super Moto 320mm front disc. I want it back to the original disc but now need the correct calliper bracket. Does anyone have one that they want to sell ? Is anyone looking to do a SuperMoto conversion and want to swap parts ?

Huw

Help,

I am in the UK and have an SK model which has been converted to Super Moto 320mm front disc. I want it back to the original disc but now need the correct calliper bracket. Does anyone have one that they want to sell ? Is anyone looking to do a SuperMoto conversion and want to swap parts ?

Huw

im from uk also but whats the sk model ermm?!??

im from uk also but whats the sk model ermm?!??

It would be an S model.....K denotes the year model.....like a DRZ400SK7 is a 2007 model...

All DRZ hubs are the same so would interchange fine between models...

Help,

I am in the UK and have an SK model which has been converted to Super Moto 320mm front disc. I want it back to the original disc but now need the correct calliper bracket. Does anyone have one that they want to sell ? Is anyone looking to do a SuperMoto conversion and want to swap parts ?

Huw

mmmmmm..I give in....just wondering why you would want to make your brakes less effective..??????... :confused:

You won't need a caliper bracket with the stock rotor, the stock caliper will bolt directly to the fork leg..

Edited by Craigo 485sm

It would be an S model.....K denotes the year model.....like a DRZ400SK7 is a 2007 model...

All DRZ hubs are the same so would interchange fine between models...

mmmmmm..I give in....just wondering why you would want to make your brakes less effective..??????... :confused:

You won't need a caliper bracket with the stock rotor, the stock caliper will bolt directly to the fork leg..

yes but he didnt say his year?
  • Like 1

SK it is and an 03 model, but you are right it is an S not an SM

nor an E, and once again you are right the calliper brackets are the same for all 3 models but mine has been modified to take 320mm disc. Now if you have tried braking down a 1:2 scree incline with 40% more braking than you actually need you will know why I want to revert to the correct diameter disc, hence my request . If I were interested in burning Tarmac, doing stoppies and wheelies and all those other cliche street boy things, I would be delighted with the dustbin size disc. My question was whether there is a yearning street boy out there that wants to do a swap with me ?

• Like 1

I can understand you way of thinking here, but really , you just need to apply less lever pressure and perhaps using engine braking for steep down hill descent... :applause:

I am sure there will be many occasions where a strong front stopper is going to be more useful than the stock set up... ?

I reckon there would be lots of guys that would what to swap you, if I hadn't already fitted an EBC 320mm rotor kit to my E I would be the first to put my hand up... :prof:

Edited by Craigo 485sm