Which Tool to Buy for RFS Cam Chain

I'm going to be doing some work on a 05 RFS 450 engine. I just wanted to see what tool you guys use or have to break and rivet the the cam chain. If you could let me know the brand or even a link to purchase the tool would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Kmiller2723

Cycle gear has a chain tool, goes on sale so often for $30.00. I have one and it works great on drive chains, has different size adapters, should work fine on a cam chain.

Cycle gear has a chain tool, goes on sale so often for $30.00. I have one and it works great on drive chains, has different size adapters, should work fine on a cam chain.

Do you have a link to the tool? I'm not finding it on their website.

Also does anyone have any experience with Motion Pro Chain Breaker and Riveting tool, the link is below. This is what i have seen people using on youtube videos and is what Rocky Mountain ATV reccomends. Plus its cheaper than the KTM tool, but is still a decent amount of coin to put out.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0058/

Cycle gear.com. Search function at the top of the page type in "chain tool" you'll get 15 different tools. Stockton tool is what I have for 39.00.

Nice that's like the same tool! I'm surprised that Rocky Mountain atv doesn't stock that because I'm pretty sure some of the tools they sell are Stockton brand.

Anyway have you used it for removing a cam chain?

Haven't had to do that on my 05 MXC yet. But I have the tool when it's time! Lol.

Well i found it on amazon for $33 shipped, but the reviews on it aren't that great. You have any problems with yours breaking or bending the pins?

No, I've used it several times to break 520 chains to the proper length. I think they are using it wrong, it can be confusing.

Well I think I will be placing an order for one this weekend. Nice find, and thanks for all your input I appreciate it!

New cam chains normally come as endless, I wouldnt break one without a good reason, especially on installation.

You have to break the cam chain on an RFS motor.