Rear Spring and Carb question

Not sure if I should ask this in the Kawi section but here we go anyways.

I need to put heavier springs on my bike because I am 40lbs heavier than the person I purchased it from. I plan to send the front end in to get new springs. The question I have is can I do the rear by myself? I have the manual and service manual and have watched many videos online so I have a good base line. Just looking to buy the spring and swap it with the stock one that's on there now. Any input helps.

Also, I fired my bike up for the first time in a few weeks and noticed the throttle hanging slightly after revving. Basically when I rev the bike the rpm's don't drop immediately like they should. They hang up for a sec and drop very slowly, I am thinking this is a dirty carb. Unless anyone has another idea?

If so, I was looking to tear down the rear end of my bike to swap my spring, and while I'm at it clean the carb. Does this sound feasible?

I'm new to all of this and just looking for some guidance.

Thanks!

The shock spring is something I haven't done myself, but it shouldn't be too hard if you watch videos on how to do it yourself.  Front springs are easy.

The throttle hanging up might be a carb issue, but also check to ensure the throttle cable isn't hanging up anywhere.  I crashed my KTM at a road crossing once, went splat onto the road and my bike started revving out full throttle.  The throttle cable nipple got hung up on the top of the carb, pulled it wide open!!  Don't blame KTM, I shouldn't have crashed.  Hopefully your issue is an easy fix.

rear spring can be changed after the shock is out in 20 minutes. Just unscrew the lock and spring adjuster nut all the way up, remove the lock ring and remove the spring and replace just the same way, ( opposite )

Not sure if I should ask this in the Kawi section but here we go anyways.

I need to put heavier springs on my bike because I am 40lbs heavier than the person I purchased it from. I plan to send the front end in to get new springs. The question I have is can I do the rear by myself? I have the manual and service manual and have watched many videos online so I have a good base line. Just looking to buy the spring and swap it with the stock one that's on there now. Any input helps.

Also, I fired my bike up for the first time in a few weeks and noticed the throttle hanging slightly after revving. Basically when I rev the bike the rpm's don't drop immediately like they should. They hang up for a sec and drop very slowly, I am thinking this is a dirty carb. Unless anyone has another idea?

If so, I was looking to tear down the rear end of my bike to swap my spring, and while I'm at it clean the carb. Does this sound feasible?

I'm new to all of this and just looking for some guidance.

Thanks!

like the others said, the shock spring is pretty straightforward. throttle cables adjusted too tightly for either the push or the pull will cause your problem. you need some slack in both cables.