350 SXF Fork Options

So we have decided the 2011 350 SXF will make a good speed hill climb bike but it needs lowering. I can have the forks and shock adapted as on our 250 and 450 but I'd like to use a spare pair so that I can return it quickly to MX trim (we still have the OEM wheels) if we want to sell it. Any other models/years I can fit? This is me "the old smurf" on it yesterday at Hartland Quay in the UK. My lad (second in the 250 class this year on a 96 YZ250) will make much better use of it.

10123507733_820bde58dc.jpg

Yea, pretty much all the 50mm forks fit that bike AND front wheel. So yes, you could buy some used forks no problem from an older bike. :)

That 350 may be a very nice supermoto bike! Plenty of grunt and handles great! :)

Yea, pretty much all the 50mm forks fit that bike AND front wheel. So yes, you could buy some used forks no problem from an older bike. :)

That 350 may be a very nice supermoto bike! Plenty of grunt and handles great! :)

That's what I was hoping so I'll start trawling Ebay. It's my first KTM but so far I'm impressed. For me, the light weight and electric start in particular are a great help! Not as powerful as our tuned YZ450F but easier for me to ride :)

Not 50mm.  This bike uses a 48mm fork, the same as all KTM models for the past 10 years.  The fork currently installed in a closed cartridge design, which is appropriate for MX.  It is available on 2007+ SX models and 2008-2013 XC models.  The older open cartridge design will fit, but is better suited to trail riding.

Yea, sorry about the 50mm I said earlier... the cap tool is 50mm... I was not thinking.

I discovered that it was 48mm I was looking for once I started researching it further. I'm watching some dlc coated forks from an 04 250 SX on Ebay UK. They would need rebuilding and setting up for tarmac only use as well as 'lowering' anyway, so I may try those (assuming the brake caliper mount is the same?) and put the OEM forks safely away in the shed along with the standard wheels.

Those won't be closed cartridge

Yamaha kyb are 48 mm. Anyone slipped a set of those in to try?

Those won't be closed cartridge

I realise that. I think I'd better ask John at Revs Suspension if he thinks he could set them up to be suitable for speed hill climbs. No jumps and generally pretty smooth tarmac only. I can let him adapt the ones on the bike but that may be hard to revert to standard I guess if we decide not to keep it.

How about a pair from a 2007 SX-F 450?