dual sport helmet for youth?

I have seen these dual sport helmet for adults with a clear shield instead of goggles and was hoping this might spark something. I have a 6 yr old son who is Blind in his right eye. He has been riding quads and bikes since he was 2 and have been on a search to find a helmet like these to give him as much vision as possible since goggles seem to restrict and especially if the get crooked. I think that thses types of helmets would be great for any youngster riding. I understand the reasoning for not make youth dual sport helmets due to they cant ride on the streets. I know my son is not the only kid out there with impaired vision and this type of helmet would help out so much. Anybody have any input or know who would be willing to make a youth size dual sport helmet?

Thanks Biker Brice.jpg

They make street helmets in youth sizes. There's probably a small market for true dual sport helmets to begin with that you're not likely to find a youth sized dual sport helmet. It's economics, nothing more. None the less, I've always ridden off road with a full face street helmet and at most, I crack the visor to get some air flow since the speeds are slower. I've taken a few branches to the visor that would have hurt a lot with a typical dirt bike helmet.

Just get him a street helmet with vents and let him have at it.

They make street helmets in youth sizes. There's probably a small market for true dual sport helmets to begin with that you're not likely to find a youth sized dual sport helmet. It's economics, nothing more. None the less, I've always ridden off road with a full face street helmet and at most, I crack the visor to get some air flow since the speeds are slower. I've taken a few branches to the visor that would have hurt a lot with a typical dirt bike helmet.

Just get him a street helmet with vents and let him have at it.

X2. My daughter hates to wear goggles so I bought her a full face HJC helmet. She's enjoying riding a lot more and I don't have to yell at her for not wearing her goggles. It's a win win. Honestly I've been considering wearing my full face as well because I find that I have better vision out of it.

Cool thanks guys will try it out.