Air intake questions "Twin air power flow intake system & FMF Snap"

Any feedback on using the backfire resistant twin air filter and just pulling the screens off of the stock cage instead of buying the twin air power flow intake system? Oh yeah and how about the FMF Snap? Are they worth the $$$? I’m trying to speed up the air intake a little it’s for a 12’ yz250f  

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

I made my own snap  it works very well I have a 2011 yz250f.  As soon as I move the throttle the bike moves.  I only ride trails no motocross it is a worthwhile addition and can be made easily, Made mine out of 0.040" steel then brazed it together by sliting the vertical and horizontal wing.  Yours would look just like mine we have the same air boot.

Any feedback on using the backfire resistant twin air filter and just pulling the screens off of the stock cage instead of buying the twin air power flow intake system? Oh yeah and how about the FMF Snap? Are they worth the $$$? I’m trying to speed up the air intake a little it’s for a 12’ yz250f

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

there is a plethora of info on the fmf snap on the forum.. conclusion is that there are better ways to spend $100. Also, I do have the twin air power flow.. I noticed that the bike breaths x10 better.. throttle responce is better.. power is the same (no noticeable gains) .. for me the best part is that it makes filter changes and clean up a breeze.. no more grease to mate with filter to airbox

I have run the Twinn Air filter, you will notice a very little improvement. I have run these filters for at least four years and have had one backfire that did singe the protective black foam in the filter. I was not aware of this happening until I notice the inside of the filter upon cleaning. So the backfires are very rare occurrences in my experience.

MXA really liked the Moto Tasurini air boot on the 2012/13 yz250f. That review is worth a read. I'd spend my money on that before the snap. The theory behind the snap makes sense and many say it works. If the price was more reasonable I'd consider a snap but $100 for a something that should sell for $19.99 turns me off.

MXA really liked the Moto Tasurini air boot on the 2012/13 yz250f. That review is worth a read. I'd spend my money on that before the snap. The theory behind the snap makes sense and many say it works. If the price was more reasonable I'd consider a snap but $100 for a something that should sell for $19.99 turns me off.

X2 that's why I haven't bought one either