Fork rebound adj-Showa

Had a rebuild/revalve on my susp and since then the reb adjusters of my forks are very difficult to turn and hard to feel the detents. Settings are almost a guess. One is worse than the other but both are bad. I thought they might loosen up a little but its not happening. Whats going on?

Edited by YHGEORGE

Check the bottom bold on the fork it might have some crud inside it. if you remove it from the fork you can clean it easier.. the other thing is the adjuster in the damperrod could be bent.

Probably are dirty. I wouldn't worry too much, 1 click = 1/4 turn

I would worry about it. Everything I've read in my service manual, and on-line, state that you MUST be in a detent position and not between them.. I would pull the forks off the bike, remove the rebound adjuster and physically inspect it to see what the problem could be. I can't imagine what they could have done during the rebuild that would have caused them to be too stiff to turn, and not be able to feel the detents. But, if you know they were working normally BEFORE the rebuild, and now they are not, I'd be digging into it.

I would worry about it. Everything I've read in my service manual, and on-line, state that you MUST be in a detent position and not between them.. I would pull the forks off the bike, remove the rebound adjuster and physically inspect it to see what the problem could be. I can't imagine what they could have done during the rebuild that would have caused them to be too stiff to turn, and not be able to feel the detents. But, if you know they were working normally BEFORE the rebuild, and now they are not, I'd be digging into it.

I think you are right. Damn!

Try soaking the bottom adjuster with wd-40. They get gunked up.

Also, I don't think it is necessary to have the rebound adjuster it in a detent position. The detents are on the bottom cap, and the adjusting rod doesn't have a specific alignment.

Try soaking the bottom adjuster with wd-40. They get gunked up.

Nope, came back from a total refurbish like this.