2013 kx250f idle issue

It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when I start it up it won't idle will go alright if there's throttle applied but no idle. Once I've started it with throttle 3-4 times it will come good and idle perfect. Just wondering what would cause it. It doesn't do it all the time just every now and again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

is this starting it cold or hot ?

Hot starting. It never takes more then 3 kicks to start cold or hot.

if you pull your chock will it kick over and run fine after taking chock off.... two friends have newer crfs and when they sit in-between practice sessions they have to pull choke out when starting

I think it has something to do with the efi.... your efi system has to have the engine turn over a couple of times before it starts to work so it could just be that / you mapping ? stock map ?

I never thought of pulling the choke out ( as stupid as that sounds haha) it would just stall 3-4 times then it would be fine.

Just found it odd that I never had to do it before. It only started to happen in the last ride I went on. It's only got 28hrs on it.

2013 does not have a choke

I found that when my one inlet valve started tightening up the bike would not idle until at running temperature, so i had to adjust the idling every time i started it, it then got to the point of battling to start cold.    

2013 does not have a choke

No, it doesn't.  It does have a high idle setting, though, that looks like a choke.  Pull the thing out when you start your bike cold, and you should not have to use any throttle at all to get and keep it going.  Can't believe you have been starting without it for this long!!

I do not use mine and I do not have any trouble ( Yet )

No, it doesn't. It does have a high idle setting, though, that looks like a choke. Pull the thing out when you start your bike cold, and you should not have to use any throttle at all to get and keep it going. Can't believe you have been starting without it for this long!!

I do use it for cold starts but when I have the problem it's after I've turned it off after running for a while. It will only be off for a few minutes then when I go to start up again it won't idle.