loudest pipe fmf shorty?

why would you want the loudest pipe? A shorty will be the loudest but do you really want to show off to your friends and then get a new/old riding area closed because someone out there is complaining about the noise. Damn son..grow up some. Loudest is not the coolest!

• Like 1

why would you want the loudest pipe? A shorty will be the loudest but do you really want to show off to your friends and then get a new/old riding area closed because someone out there is complaining about the noise. Damn son..grow up some. Loudest is not the coolest!

in my area you can do that but not at 12 oclock at night soo fmf shorty its is it... is not that much louder

in my area you can do that but not at 12 oclock at night soo fmf shorty its is it... is not that much louder

no..its not that much louder..and your probably right about being able to do that now...but annoy some neighbors and I bet ya that riding area can change. But sound should be the least of your worries. What kind of power you want should be your main goal. if you want more bottom go with shorty..if you want alittle more top end go with standard length fmf

• Like 1

Loud and fast... Hmmm.... Would you like some Metal Mulisha stickers with that too?

Honestly, why do you want a loud pipe. A shorty will make your bike louder AND DAMAGE YOUR HEARING but not faster. Only you make your bike faster 

Fixed in CAPS above. 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

Loud and fast... Hmmm.... Would you like some Metal Mulisha stickers with that too?

? ? ?  ... first thing I thought as well  ?

I would suggest investing in garbage bags to clean up the MESS left behind at staging areas (broken glass, garbage, etc) by people that fit your "stereotype".  :naughty:

I am not saying you are one of them, but we have all see the "metal mulisha crowd" and the disrespect a lot of them (again not all) bring to riding areas.  Hey, were were all young too at one time.

Creating a LOUD bike serves \no purpose whatsoever.

You might "think" its cool,. but nobody else does. :ride:   The silencer is NOT going to make any difference in how fast you can ride.

Upgrade your exhaust .. sure .. trying to make you bike LOUD ... not cool. :lame:

Set an example by trying to make your bike quieter .......

Edited by supervokes
  • Like 1

Repack the silencer that you have. If you pack it as tight as you can it will be a little louder, but not by much. If you pack it loosely it will be quieter but it will blow out faster. Here in California we have sound restrictions in the OHV parks. I have learned to pack the silencer looser to be able to pass the sound tests.

LOUD BIKES SUCK! We are loosing riding areas all the time because of loud 4T bikes.

• Like 2

It's hard to understand the politics of the riding world at 18. In the op's thinking, getting laid, nice wheels on the truck and a bitch'n loud motorcycle is the thing of all things but in our overly political correct country now-a-days you can count on some stick-in-the-ass neighbor calling the noise police on you so we have to convince the young up & comers to see it our way with stealth like machines. :prof:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On top of being louder & annoying,

for a very small gain in low end hit, in many cases installing a shorty will restrict top end overev capabilites of your engine

Not worth it IMO. (I've tested both on my YZ125, engine fell flat much sooner at upper rpms with the shorty)

Shorties were made popular in supercross racing,

a bit of extra snap at the bottom to power out of tight corners

and lighter weight / more compact on the chassis.

For some reason a lot of people expect a gain from using one (more noise = more power ?)

but a stock silencer is never a restriction, even moreso on an otherwise stock/unported engine.

Save your money a buy yourself a new tire instead.

Edited by mlatour

Ha Ha we'll likely never see the OP again but the shorty would be a good choice especially if you're looking for some bling, the R304 probably as well, hell those look tiny so they're probably louder like someone said. 

But I'm guessing this kid doesn't have much money so Im going to encourage him to cut down whatever he's got on there now. A few hand tools including a hack saw and he can do this for just the time invested, make it even shorter than a shorty!