2013 piston change 65hrs.

i have used wiseco a number of times and happy with them.

have heard JE are very good but not available in this side of the world.

the 13 OEM piston has a new part number which I believe is the same as the 2011.

stock pistons for that bike are made by ART. (99% sure anyway)

the Wiseco costs 2x as much as the OEM, I'd be interested to see which way you go, I'm in the same boat and about the same hours.

the 13 OEM piston has a new part number which I believe is the same as the 2011.

stock pistons for that bike are made by ART. (99% sure anyway)

the Wiseco costs 2x as much as the OEM, I'd be interested to see which way you go, I'm in the same boat and about the same hours.

I have done JE and CP and OEM.  CP has gotten too expensive now. JE was ok but for now on i like the OEM. Plus its cheaper

Edited by spin05

I have done JE and CP and OEM.  CP has gotten too expensive now. JE was ok but for now on i like the OEM. Plus its cheaper

Look at a moose piston. Its just a CP piston in a moose box, it may still even say carillo on it with just moose written on top. I have a moose connecting rod in my bike and it says moose on one side, and CP Carillo on the other side. Last time I did my 250f I put an OEM piston it because its a hair lighter, and it utilized a shorter pin, so less mass going up and down.

Edited by dmm698

Look at a moose piston. Its just a CP piston in a moose box, it may still even say carillo on it with just moose written on top. I have a moose connecting rod in my bike and it says moose on one side, and CP Carillo on the other side. Last time I did my 250f I put an OEM piston it because its a hair lighter, and it utilized a shorter pin, so less mass going up and down.

Thats intresting and good to know. Thanks

Thats intresting and good to know. Thanks

A lot of their stuff is like this.... I've got a stainless brake line on my 250f that said moose on the package and the actually fittings on the line say galfer right on them. 

Oem. Just rebuilt my 2012 kx250f and put oem stuff in it.

I have just changed my piston after 30hrs. I have put in a Vertex HP piston. The bike seems to have a bit more off the bottom and a bit more at the top. Overall I'm very pleased with it and would use one again.