Sign in to follow this  

anyone want an xr400 with 61 miles on it ?

LOL.   Buzzkill.

My answer would be yes BTW             As to that bike itself,    wonder if that person has history on any forums so we could see if its really so few miles total. More detailed pics would be great.

yep, it sure is a tripmeter but the seller states 61 miles so i take a man at his word... it would be good to see a few detailed pictures for sure... boot marks on the engine cases don t lie... either way it looks nice and clean...

I have a 97 with 67 miles on it. I rebuilt the bike / engine and re set the trip meter.  I also do that after each ride on my other bikes. An Xr400  and my xr250 I ride both average about 100 miles on the trip meter  to a tank of gas.

That bike for sale has way more miles then stated, just look at the exhaust manifold, it's been rode a lot.   I have come across guys selling bikes like that before, dumb shit's.

. . . .  the seller states 61 miles so i take a man at his word . . . . 

That's funny.  In shopping for a new car I heard several salespeople tell many lies.

That's funny.  In shopping for a new car I heard several salespeople tell many lies.

people BS ?!#$@... c'mon... now you are gonna tell me santa claus isn t real..

whether or not this thing has the CLAIMED stated miles is unknown... we ll let the internet experts figure it out... 

bikes look like they are stored outside... still look clean to me... 

:rolleyes:

I've seen several XR's advertised with less than 100 miles over the years.  Sometimes, it's pure BS, sometimes it's by a family member who inherited the bike after a relative died, and they just don't know better.  Most will have some wear on the frame paint by boots/shoes...  and if it has ANY of that, it has more than 100 miles.  lol

Good Luck!

We have a local dealer selling a 2000 xr 650r   with 10 miles

I wanted to call them and let them know it was just a trip meter  but I figure when they sign the odometer statement  they

may have a  legal wakeup call

LOL $2900!!!!

I picked up my 2004 for $1400....

personally i ve never paid asking price... got my 97 CA plated for 1500..

i reckon 2900 would buy them both...

I got mine recently (2001) and it looked almost that good. Mine had about 50 total hours on it.