Stage 1 complete

I just picked up stage 1 from BDSB today. I had already done the 13t front last week. I wanted the powerbomb/p4 exhaust but he only had the mega bomb header. I had driven from Phoenix Prescott Valley so to make up for it he threw in the last collapsible shift lever that he had.

I just got done with the install including the air box mod and ejk. I took it for a quick spin before it got dark. Wow, what a different bike it is now. First gear now lifts the front tire! I can't wait to take it out in the desert.

1381197476156.jpg

1381197513463.jpg

1381197666755.jpg

1381197595502.jpg

• Like 6

Congrats and welcome to the Stage 1 club !!!  At first you are going to think your MPG dropped big time but, It will be because you love the sound so much you just can't stay off the throttle .....  :lol:

post-370007-13811974558007.jpg

• Like 2

Yah, that's going to be an addictive sound.  I can't believe what a heavy turd that stock muffler is.

• Like 5

That stage 1 is like a gateway drug man .... soon you will be thinking about tires, suspension, new bars etc .... your hooked dude ....  :p

• Like 3

That stage 1 is like a gateway drug man .... soon you will be thinking about tires, suspension, new bars etc .... your hooked dude ....  :p

So that makes us all drug pushers??? :p :p

• Like 4

Oh, I've been hooked on suspension and horsepower mods for many years, just in a different platform.  I took my '95 Mustang 5.0 from a mere 190whp to 485whp over the course of ten years.  Then I moved on to my SRT4 Neon and have taken it from 230whp to 385whp. 

I've ridden the bike everyday this week to get a feel for how Stage 1 has transformed the bike. 

Before I was able to pin the throttle in the dirt/desert trails by my house almost anywhere I wanted and I still felt very comfortable.   Now I have to restrain myself because I get myself into trouble very quickly.  The throttle response and instant torque gets me moving so much faster that I've began to only go about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.  I make damn sure it's smooth and not sandy before I completely pin it.

On the street I used to have to keep the throttle up pretty high to keep up with traffic.  Now I'm hitting 60mph before I realize and am coming up on cars before I realize it.

I really don't think I need any more power at this point.  I do have a list of things I want to change yet though.  Being 6'1", I feel like my legs are kinda squished when riding so I'd like to raise the handlebars and possibly get a taller seat.  I need a set of bark busters as well.   Those highway dirtbike ones look nice with the integrated mirrors.

• Like 4

Being 6'1", I feel like my legs are kinda squished when riding so I'd like to raise the handlebars and possibly get a taller seat.  I need a set of bark busters as well.   Those highway dirtbike ones look nice with the integrated mirrors.

I want a set of these pegs but, ... they may also help you since you can lower them .... 

• Like 1

I want a set of these pegs but, ... they may also help you since you can lower them ....

I'm using the Fastway Evo pegs and really like them. Feet really stay in place! The height gain is small maybe only half to three quarters of an inch .... every little bit helps! Edited by Red Rider-
  • Like 2

Those pegs are now on the top of my mod list

Today I took it out to the more serious trails. I bottomed out the front shock for the first time. This thing just rips up hills now in 2nd gear. I also topped 80mph on the ride home. It was a good ride.

• Like 1

Those pegs are now on the top of my mod list

Today I took it out to the more serious trails. I bottomed out the front shock for the first time. This thing just rips up hills now in 2nd gear. I also topped 80mph on the ride home. It was a good ride.

That's why I went with Race Tech ... have never bottomed since ...  :thumbsup:

post-327736-0-63003200-1381697457.jpg

post-327736-0-65211200-1381697459.jpg

post-327736-0-61294300-1381697455.jpg

post-327736-0-73573700-1381697639.jpg

IMG_20130309_132731.jpgIMG_20130309_132911.jpgIMG_20130223_200434.jpgIMG_20130720_152225.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

What's the total price for the Race tech setup? It looks like the front is around $150 and the rear is around $800 and then we get 20% off with the TT discount. Are there any other costs involved if I were to take care of the install myself?

What's the total price for the Race tech setup? It looks like the front is around $150 and the rear is around $800 and then we get 20% off with the TT discount. Are there any other costs involved if I were to take care of the install myself?

email chris@racetech.com for a quote ...  I think the rear shock is about $650.00  and I paid $320.00 for Race Tech to build my forks. 

Don't forget to mention ThumperTalk for your discount....   :thumbsup:

Edited by gnath9

I'll piggyback this thread rather than start a new one as it's related.

I have a PC4 fitted and just received an EJK, a Megabomb will hopefully be with my next month.

Question, would I see positive results if I fit the EJK now or should I wait for the head pipe? Will fitting it to an 'incomplete' Stage 1 cause adverse effects?

Edited by dturk
  • Like 1

I'll piggyback this thread rather than start a new one as it's related.

I have a PC4 fitted and just received an EJK, a Megabomb will hopefully be with my next month.

Question, would I see positive results if I fit the EJK now or should I wait for the head pipe? Will fitting it to an 'incomplete' Stage 1 cause adverse effects?

I don't think so ... just be sure to remove your snorkel from the air box ....  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What other full exhaust options are out there besides the fmf header/silencer. Paying $500+shipping is pretty excessive. I purchased a full 3" stainless turboback exhaust for my WRX brand new for not much more than the fmf combo.

What other full exhaust options are out there besides the fmf header/silencer. Paying $500+shipping is pretty excessive. I purchased a full 3" stainless turboback exhaust for my WRX brand new for not much more than the fmf combo.

Not much. There's a HUGE margin built into motorcycle exhaust systems. The bike is still fairly new so most manufacturers haven't released full exhaust options yet.