cr125 exhaust spacer

Does anyone have a pic of a exhaust spacer they made or bought an if bought who makes them, also how much des size affect the power change I.e from 2mm-10mm spacer and is copper the best material and do you mantain a good seal with a spacer?

For 125 you have two solution, or just a ring (0.5cm) or a spacer (1cm) ... Unfortunatelly the only spacer I've found is for the '94-'99 engine ... You can do the ring yourself but for 19.95 doesn't worth to invest your time.

The ring works brilliant and you can feel the difference, another change in your bike to improve mid/low range is a pwk conversion.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381213196.011235.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381213238.367762.jpg

I made a 3mm exhaust spacer for my boy's '00 CR125 out of aluminum that looks just like the manifold gasket. We have tried it 3 different times with different pipes, exhaust manifolds, porting and power valve configurations, and every time it has slowed the bike down, with no gain in bottom end that we could tell. I'll be glad to mail it to you for free if you want it.

Edited by plynn41

I use the 10mm spacer from Alden's on my 07' 125. All I had to do was drill out the holes a little bit to match the 07' gasket. It took maybe 5 minutes. As for performance, it is like adding another tooth to the rear sprocket. It does take away a little topend, but the trade off for the extra lowend is worth it, IMO. It makes the bike easier to ride. When you add enough of the round spacers that go into the pipe, you wind up pushing the pipe past the o-ring gasket on on the exhaust manifold, and it makes a mess. 

Ive got a 5mm spacer on my 03 and I noticed that it affected the mounting of the exhaust pipe.  I noticed that where the pipe mounts up to the frame by the silencer is now pushed forward. Basically the mount is touching the frame and my silencer doesn't slide all the way into my pipe, seems unusual but I couldn't get it to fit perfect.

For 125 you have two solution, or just a ring (0.5cm) or a spacer (1cm) ... Unfortunatelly the only spacer I've found is for the '94-'99 engine ... You can do the ring yourself but for 19.95 doesn't worth to invest your time.The ring works brilliant and you can feel the difference, another change in your bike to improve mid/low range is a pwk conversion.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381213196.011235.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381213238.367762.jpg

thanks I have the pwk already im waiting for my needle to come in before I install it, I wanted to add the spacer at the same time to counter act the loss of low end alot of guys say the pwk causes

thanks I have the pwk already im waiting for my needle to come in before I install it, I wanted to add the spacer at the same time to counter act the loss of low end alot of guys say the pwk causes

Pwk it's just a different kind of beast ... Low end should be there, no loss ... If you want to add the boyesen reed it will helps too for more low end.

Don't  mix changes all at once! This way you won't be able to tell the difference. You won't be able to tell what gains/losses you have with either item. Do one after the other so you clearly understand the effects of each. That's also done to all other modifications on a bike. Also when you change setup on your suspension. Never do more than one change at a time. For example changing compression and rebound at the same time won't tell you if it was the compression or rebound that was off...fork and rear shocK at the same time won't allow you to tell where the changes afterwards had the biggest impact, front or rear. Always do just ONE step after another!

Edited by nino

We swapped the 36mm TMX for a 38mm pwk with one of those "CrazyFast" inserts two weeks ago. Thought we would lose bottom end so I put the 3mm exhaust spacer back on. Bike ran like a dog, so I took the spacer back out. Now it runs stronger everywhere across the power band, including bottom end. Truly amazing.

Im going to remove mine and see how it runs...

Alden racing is a hour from my house so I'll make a drive out there and tryout a 5mm before I put on my pwk an see what the affects are and report back as well

got my 5mm and 10mm alden spacers today holes were just barely off,  I ran a drill bit through and all set, heading to the track tomorrow to try them out, hopefully it will be the best 20 bucks ever spent!

well i put some laps in with the 5mm today on the moto track, I wouldnt say any real noticeable change in power. it was a real deep sandy and a tight track, im taking it trail riding next weekend ill leave it in and see if its more noticeable in different conditions, i didnt make any jetting changes maybe ill tweek it a little this week amd try that